Remote · Lancaster, OH, USA · United Kingdom
Posted on Saturday, January 6, 2024
We are redefining how people approach their health
ZOE is combining scientific research at a scale never before imagined and cutting-edge AI to improve the health of millions.
Created by the world’s top scientists, our personalised nutrition program is reimagining a fundamental human need – eating well for your own body. Currently available in the US and the UK, ZOE is already helping > 100k ZOE members to adopt healthier habits and live better. Our work and expertise in biology, engineering, data science, and nutrition science have led to multiple breakthrough papers in leading scientific journals such as Nature Medicine, Science, The Lancet, and more.
To learn more, head to Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or Audible to listen to our Science & Nutrition Podcast (with 3 million listens!)
A remote-first, high-growth startup, we are backed by founders, investors, and entrepreneurs who have built multi-billion dollar technology companies. We are always looking for innovative thinkers and builders to join our team on a thrilling mission to tackle epic health problems. Together, we can improve human health and touch millions of lives.
We value inclusivity, transparency, ownership, open-mindedness and diversity. We are passionate about delivering great results and learning in the open. We want our teams to have the freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions, and the well-being of our teammates and the people around us is a top priority.
Check out what life is like for our tech team on ZOE Tech.
About the role:
We seek for a Data Analysts to join our US Entry team. You have a strong analytical mindset, excellent problem-solving skills, and a passion for transforming data into actionable insights. You will be responsible for collecting, processing, and analyzing large datasets to help drive business decisions and enhance organizational efficiency.
About the team:
The US entry team is responsible for acquiring members at scale in the US using a product-led approach. They are responsible for capturing users and increasing their belief in our science. The team is very cross-functional team. It is composed of Marketing, Design, and Engineers. They collaborate closely with other ZOE product teams to leverage all they have to offer to a wider audience and bring them into our ecosystem. It’s a fast-paced environment where lead time is key. We are very data-driven, run many experiments, and invest heavily in marketing tech (Google Analytics, Mixpanel, AB Tasty, Braze, …) to innovate fast.
You will be...
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to provide them with analysis and insights.
- Proactively identifying trends, patterns and anomalies, and providing your recommendations.
- Gathering and consolidating data from various sources, ensuring data accuracy and completeness.
- Utilizing statistical methods to derive insights from complex datasets.
- Create clear and compelling data visualizations, reports, and self-service dashboards to communicate findings to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Using tools such as Hex, Holistics, Big Query, or DBT daily.
- Ensuring the accuracy, reliability and reproducibility of analysis and reports, through quality checks and validation processes.
- Develop and implement predictive models to forecast future trends and support decision-making.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement and optimization.
We think you'll be great if you have…
- Commercial experience as a Data Analyst, Analytics Engineer or similar. Preferably in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as SQL, Python, or R.
- High autonomy and strong interest in collaborating with both engineers and business people.
- Experience with data visualization techniques.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
These are the ideal skills, attributes, and experience we’re looking for in this role. Don’t worry if you don’t tick all the boxes, especially on the skills and experience front, we’re happy to upskill for the right candidate.
Life as a ZOEntist – what you can expect from us:
As well as industry-benchmarked compensation and all the hardware and software you need, we offer a thoughtfully-curated list of benefits. We expect this list to evolve as we continue supporting our team members’ long-term personal and professional growth, and their wellbeing.
Remote-first: Work flexibly – from home, our London office, or anywhere within the EU
Stock options: So you can share in our growth
Paid time off: 28 days paid leave (25 holiday days, plus 2 company-wide reset days, and 1 “life event” day)
Enhanced Parental Leave: On top of the statutory offering
Flexible private healthcare and life assurance options
Pension contribution: Pay monthly or top up – your choice.
Health and wellbeing: Like our Employee Assistance Program and Cycle to Work Scheme
Social, WFH, and Growth (L&D) budgets. Plus, multiple opportunities to connect, grow, and socialise
We’re all about equal opportunities
We know that a successful team is made up of diverse people, able to be their authentic selves. To continue growing our team in the best way, we believe that equal opportunities matter, so we encourage candidates from any underrepresented backgrounds to apply for this role. You can view our Equal Opportunities statement in full here.
A closer look at ZOE
Think you’ve heard our name somewhere before? We were the team behind the COVID Symptom Study, which has since become the ZOE Health Study (ZHS). We use the power of community science to conduct large-scale research from the comfort of contributors’ own homes. Our collective work and expertise in biology, engineering, and data/nutrition science have led to multiple breakthrough papers in leading scientific journals such as Nature Medicine, Science, The Lancet, and more.
Seen ZOE in the media recently? Catch our co-founder Professor Tim Spector (one of the world’s most cited scientists) and our Chief Scientist Dr Sarah Berry on this BBC Panorama, and listen to CEO Jonathan Wolf unpack the latest in science and nutrition on our ZOE podcast.
Oh, and if you’re wondering why ZOE? It translates to “Life” in Greek, which we’re helping ZOE members enjoy to the fullest.