Head of Paid Social
Remote · Lancaster, OH, USA · United Kingdom
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Hi, we’re ZOE
We’re a team of scientists, developers, marketers and more, changing the way the world eats. With our personalised nutrition programme, we’re on a mission to improve the health of millions, and with plans as vast as the plants on our plate, we need the best team. Or ZOEntists, as we like to call ourselves.
We’re backed by leading venture capital firm Accomplice (backers of Angellist and Zoopla), world-renowned entrepreneurs, like Steven Bartlett (also a proud brand ambassador), and we’ve raised over £70m in funding as of July 2023.
With Professor Tim Spector and Dr Sarah Berry leading our science, we have over 63,000 global members and, in our 2022 crowdfunding campaign, we welcomed 13,000 ‘Owners’.
Got a good (gut) feeling it could be you? Head to our career page to find out more.
We’re looking for a Head of Paid Social to take ZOE even further.
We’re looking for an experienced, ambitious Head of Paid Social to bring millions more people to ZOE leveraging digital performance channels.
You will lead and grow our performance marketing team, working alongside them to scale paid social and expand to new acquisition channels and markets.
Meet the team
The performance marketing team has been critical to our growth momentum in the UK. We’re a team of full stack creators and channel strategists who innovate continuously and iterate rapidly to drive exceptional performance.
Why this role?
The current leader of the team is moving to a new area of the business, and we’re looking for someone to step into their big shoes and take us on the next phase of ZOE’s exciting growth journey.
What you'll do:
- Lead and grow a high impact, happy team of channel strategists and full stack creators. You’re leading from the front and are in the trenches with the team, this is not a pure management role.
- Drive strategy for growth through paid social, primarily Meta and YouTube.
- Set targets and budgets across channels, media and creative investment.
- Continuously drive creative innovation to power paid social performance. Leverage UGC, in house and external creators alongside high production ads working with our creative studio and agency partners.
- Work with the Analytics team to track, measure and report on what matters, driving data-led decision making in day to day optimisation decisions, OKR setting and longer term strategy.
- Test new campaigns and new channels with a strong focus on sustainable growth, moving quickly to adjust our approach based on results.
- Partner with the Growth Product on user journey optimisation and A/B tests across the funnel.
This is for you if:
- You have a proven track record in driving paid media user acquisition in a fast-growing business, ideally in ecommerce and DTC.
- You bring a proven track record in developing winning creative to drive paid social performance. You understand creative is the most important performance lever and great creative is grounded in insight and data.
- You’re a digital media innovation geek, ahead of industry trends, first to test new approaches and tactics.
- You’re as comfortable getting hands-on as taking a step back and thinking strategically.
- You’re data-driven, have a strong data toolkit with experience looking at platform and internal data to understand CPAs and LTV, analyse test performance and identify performance trends.
- You are a collaborative team player and work well with others.
These are the ideal skills, attributes, and experience we’re looking for in this role. Don’t worry if you don’t tick all the boxes, especially on the skills and experience front, we’re happy to upskill for the right candidate.
Life as a ZOEntist – what you can expect from us:
As well as industry-benchmarked compensation and all the hardware and software you need, we offer a thoughtfully-curated list of benefits. We expect this list to evolve as we continue supporting our team members’ long-term personal and professional growth, and their wellbeing.
Remote-first: Work flexibly – from home, our London office, or anywhere within the EU
Stock options: So you can share in our growth
Paid time off: 28 days paid leave (25 holiday days, plus 2 company-wide reset days, and 1 “life event” day)
Enhanced Parental Leave: On top of the statutory offering
Flexible private healthcare and life assurance options
Pension contribution: Pay monthly or top up – your choice.
Health and wellbeing: Like our Employee Assistance Program and Cycle to Work Scheme
Social, WFH, and Growth (L&D) budgets. Plus, multiple opportunities to connect, grow, and socialise
We’re all about equal opportunities
We know that a successful team is made up of diverse people, able to be their authentic selves. To continue growing our team in the best way, we believe that equal opportunities matter, so we encourage candidates from any underrepresented backgrounds to apply for this role. You can view our Equal Opportunities statement in full here.
A closer look at ZOE
Think you’ve heard our name somewhere before? We were the team behind the COVID Symptom Study, which has since become the ZOE Health Study (ZHS). We use the power of community science to conduct large-scale research from the comfort of contributors’ own homes. Our collective work and expertise in biology, engineering, and data/nutrition science have led to multiple breakthrough papers in leading scientific journals such as Nature Medicine, Science, The Lancet, and more.
Seen ZOE in the media recently? Catch our co-founder Professor Tim Spector (one of the world’s most cited scientists) and our Chief Scientist Dr Sarah Berry on this BBC Panorama, and listen to CEO Jonathan Wolf unpack the latest in science and nutrition on our ZOE podcast.
Oh, and if you’re wondering why ZOE? It translates to “Life” in Greek, which we’re helping ZOE members enjoy to the fullest.