Director of Partnerships
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United Kingdom
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
We Are Redefining How People Approach Their Health
ZOE is combining scientific research at a scale never before imagined and cutting-edge AI to improve the health of millions.
Created by the world’s top scientists, our personalised nutrition program is radically reimagining a fundamental human need – eating well for your own body. Currently available in the US and the UK, having generated a waitlist of over 300,000, ZOE is already helping tens of thousands of ZOE members adopt healthier habits and achieve their goals.
We are also the team behind the popular COVID Symptom Study, which played a critical role in the fight against COVID in the UK and has now expanded to become the ZOE Health Study (ZHS). ZHS uses the power of community science to conduct large-scale research from the comfort of contributors’ homes to understand health and prevent disease. Our collective work and expertise in biology, engineering, data science, and nutrition science has led to multiple breakthrough papers in leading scientific journals such as Nature Medicine, Science, The Lancet, and more.
A remote-first, well-funded startup, we are backed by founders, investors, and entrepreneurs who have built multi-billion dollar technology companies. We are always looking for innovative thinkers and doers to join our team on a thrilling mission to tackle epic health problems that span the globe. Together, we can improve human health and touch millions of lives.
We value inclusivity, transparency, ownership, open-mindedness and diversity. We are passionate about delivering great results and learning in the open. We want our teams to have the freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions, and the well-being of our teammates and the people around us is a top priority.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced Director of Partnerships to join our fast-growing team to lead us in a new stage of growth. The ideal candidate will have proven experience negotiating and closing deals with a wide range of partners, from retailers to influencers. This role reports to our Chief Operating Officer
- Identify and negotiate partnerships. You are able to find the right partnerships based on a deep understanding of ZOE and partner needs. Partners would include retailers, food manufacturers, other companies and identified high profile influencers in the UK and US.
- Set up incentives. You take a ‘test and learn’ approach to put in place the right incentives to maximise chances of success. This includes joint value proposition definition, partner enablement, co-marketing and measuring success.
- Close deals fast. You are extremely effective at negotiating terms well. You ensure we get what is required from a Marketing/Product/Science standpoint in the deal.
- Build relationships with retailers. Maintain partner relationships at exec level to bolster motivation and good will.
- Validate and evolve partnership strategy. Based on results, define the types of organisations to partner with and the most effective value proposition and incentive structure.
- Collaborate to agree targets. You work with our Growth and Brand Marketing to define and agree the right targets.
We think you'll be a great fit if you
- Have a proven track record of structuring commercial deals and working with lawyers
- Have experience closing large deals (>£250k) for software products for startups/high growth businesses
- Have ~10+ yrs experience
- Are excited to source as well as close the partnerships
- Are a collaborative team player, able to work across multiple C-level executive stakeholders
These are the ideal skills, attributes, and experience we’re looking for in this role. Don’t worry if you don’t tick all the boxes, especially on the skills and experience front, we’re happy to upskill for the right candidate.
Life as a ZOEntist – what you can expect from us:
As well as industry-benchmarked compensation and all the hardware and software you need, we offer a thoughtfully-curated list of benefits. We expect this list to evolve as we continue supporting our team members’ long-term personal and professional growth, and their wellbeing.
Remote-first: Work flexibly – from home, our London office, or anywhere within the EU
Stock options: So you can share in our growth
Paid time off: 28 days paid leave (25 holiday days, plus 2 company-wide reset days, and 1 “life event” day)
Enhanced Parental Leave: On top of the statutory offering
Flexible private healthcare and life assurance options
Pension contribution: Pay monthly or top up – your choice.
Health and wellbeing: Like our Employee Assistance Program and Cycle to Work Scheme
Social, WFH, and Growth (L&D) budgets. Plus, multiple opportunities to connect, grow, and socialise
We’re all about equal opportunities
We know that a successful team is made up of diverse people, able to be their authentic selves. To continue growing our team in the best way, we believe that equal opportunities matter, so we encourage candidates from any underrepresented backgrounds to apply for this role. You can view our Equal Opportunities statement in full here.
A closer look at ZOE Think you’ve heard our name somewhere before? We were the team behind the COVID Symptom Study, which has since become the ZOE Health Study (ZHS). We use the power of community science to conduct large-scale research from the comfort of contributors’ own homes. Our collective work and expertise in biology, engineering, and data/nutrition science have led to multiple breakthrough papers in leading scientific journals such as Nature Medicine, Science, The Lancet, and more.
Seen ZOE in the media recently? Catch our co-founder Professor Tim Spector (one of the world’s most cited scientists) and our Chief Scientist Dr Sarah Berry on this BBC Panorama, and listen to CEO Jonathan Wolf unpack the latest in science and nutrition on our ZOE podcast.
Oh, and if you’re wondering why ZOE? It translates to “Life” in Greek, which we’re helping ZOE members enjoy to the fullest.