Senior Manager, Service Process and Innovation
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
We Are Redefining How People Approach Their Health
ZOE is combining scientific research at a scale never before imagined and cutting-edge AI to improve the health of millions.
Created by the world’s top scientists, our personalised nutrition program is radically reimagining a fundamental human need – eating well for your own body. Currently available in the US, and available for pre-order in the UK, having generated a waitlist of over 300,000, ZOE is already helping tens of thousands of ZOE members adopt healthier habits and achieve their goals.
We are also the team behind the popular COVID Symptom Study, which played a critical role in the fight against COVID in the UK and has now expanded to become the ZOE Health Study (ZHS). ZHS uses the power of community science to conduct large-scale research from the comfort of contributors’ homes to understand health and prevent disease. Our collective work and expertise in biology, engineering, data science, and nutrition science has led to multiple breakthrough papers in leading scientific journals such as Nature Medicine, Science, The Lancet, and more.
A remote-first, well-funded startup, we are backed by founders, investors, and entrepreneurs who have built multi-billion dollar technology companies. We are always looking for innovative thinkers and doers to join our team on a thrilling mission to tackle epic health problems that span the globe. Together, we can improve human health and touch millions of lives.
We value inclusivity, transparency, ownership, open-mindedness and diversity. We are passionate about delivering great results and learning in the open. We want our teams to have the freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions, and the well-being of our teammates and the people around us is a top priority.
About the team...
Our Service team sits at the heart of ZOE, and is responsible for ensuring our members have the best customer journey possible. We have two main functions: Customer Support and Nutrition Coaching. Our Support team provides assistance to our customers by addressing their questions and concerns in an accurate and efficient manner. Our Coaching team works with customers to provide nutritional advice and guide them through the ZOE program. We support our customers via the in-app chat service, emails and over the phone, and we’re passionate about maintaining high standards of customer service across all interactions.
About the role...
We’re looking for a Process and Innovation Manager to join our team. You’ll be responsible for elevating service efficiency and quality, and enhancing overall team effectiveness and customer satisfaction. You’ll be analysing existing processes, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing innovative solutions. Ideally, you’ll have an in-depth understanding of business processes, strong analytical skills, and a passion for driving continuous improvement.
- Evaluating existing processes to identify inefficiencies, bottlenecks, and areas for improvement across the Service team
- Using data and customer feedback to recognize trends, patterns, and opportunities for process optimization and innovation
- Designing and implementing process improvement initiatives, ensuring their integration and smooth execution throughout the team
- Tracking the impact of changes through various metrics, analysing results, and making adjustments as needed
- Supporting with technology needs identification alongside product, engineering, and other stakeholder groups
- Partnering with the analytics team to build and maintain our operations metric library
- Managing ad-hoc projects to enable the scaling and further development of ZOE’s Service function.
You'll be a great fit for the role if you...
- Are experienced in implementing continuous process improvement and driving transformation
- Have strong business acumen, and are able to proactively identify opportunities for enhancement and growth
- Have a data-driven style and recognize the significance of data in driving business strategies and prioritise its use in decision-making
- Love communication, partnership, and cross-functional collaboration
- Have the ability to thrive and excel in a fast-paced high growth environment with changing priorities
- Have some experience scaling businesses and possess the ability to achieve operational excellence and foster positive changes
- Have technical experience using BigQuery, SQL
- Have a background in management consulting.
Listed above is a snapshot of the experience, skills and attributes we think would come handy for the success in this role. Are you passionate about ZOE and this role but don't tick 100% of the boxes above? Please consider applying anyway. We are happy to up-skill where possible.
What you can expect from us
Aside from ensuring the industry-benchmark compensation package and providing you with all the hardware and software you need, we have worked hard for our list of benefits to be focused on things that matter to our team members most.
Remote-first - work from home, pop into our London/Boston offices. This role is fully remote within the following states: CT, GA, IN, MA, NJ, NY, TX, and VA #LI-Remote
Stock options - we want everyone to be rewarded for contribution to our growth
Paid time-off - on top of any national / bank holidays, you get 20 days off (20 plus 1 life-event and 2 company-wide reset days)
Enhanced parental leave - adding on to the statutory offering, we know how important it is to be supportive at times that matter
Medical Insurance: ZOE allows all employees to opt-in to our Medical Insurance, covering 75% of the cost for you and your dependents.
Life, ADD & LTD Insurance: ZOE allows all employees to opt-in to our life, ADD and LTD insurance scheme covering all the premiums.
401k - To help prepare for a time after ZOE, we currently offer our 401(k)through Guideline
Allocated social, WFH and Growth (L&D) budgets
Plenty of learning and social opportunities
We continue to build a benefits package that invests in our team members’ long-term personal and professional growth and wellbeing, adding to this list as it evolves.
We believe that having a truly diverse team where everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success and we are committed to improving the tech industry for the better. We are passionate about equal opportunities and encourage candidates from any underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. When applying, please let us know of any accessibility requirements you may have for your interviews and we will do our best to accommodate.