Senior Manager - Strategic Marketing Initiatives
Marketing & Communications
Remote · United Kingdom
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2023
Hi, we’re ZOE
We’re a team of scientists, developers, marketers and more, changing the way the world eats. With our personalised nutrition programme, we’re on a mission to improve the health of millions, and with plans as vast as the plants on our plate, we need the best team. Or ZOEntists, as we like to call ourselves.
We’re backed by leading venture capital firm Accomplice (backers of Angellist and Zoopla), world-renowned entrepreneurs, like Steven Bartlett (also a proud brand ambassador), and we’ve raised over £70m in funding as of July 2023.
With Professor Tim Spector and Dr Sarah Berry leading our science, we have over 63,000 global members and, in our 2022 crowdfunding campaign, we welcomed 13,000 ‘Owners’.
Got a good (gut) feeling it could be you? Head to our career page to find out more.
About the role
You’ll work closely with VP Marketing & Growth to manage ever-evolving priorities, serving as a force-multiplier to spearhead new marketing & growth initiatives and ad-hoc special projects. You will lead on strategy & operations across the team partnering with team leads, and company strategy & ops function.
What you'll do
- Lead strategic initiatives and special projects, such as pricing, demand sizing and rollout for new products, proof of concept for new distribution strategies. You will jump in, coordinate across teams, identify and evaluate proof of concepts, propose and implement long term solutions, and move on to new projects.
- Drive marketing & growth business planning, budget and target setting, working closely with VP Marketing & Growth team leads, COO office and Finance
- Scope new business opportunities (financial model, market sizing, industry analysis, market research) and manage development of new initiatives, partnering with subject matter experts across the business.
- Provide ideas and solutions to help identify & achieve strategic growth initiatives
- Continuously innovate to improve our working practices, processes and tooling to help everyone in the team do their best work and collaborate effectively
We think you'll be a great fit if you are
- Incredibly curious: fast learner, motivated, resourceful experienced across multiple aspects of business
- Flexible and adaptable: able to shift between priorities and projects frequently, navigating ambiguity with focus and an open mind
- Strategic and methodical thinker that connects the dots between company priorities.
- Strong analytical skills, cutting through uncertainty and incomplete data. Experience in market research, business modelling and scenario analysis.
- Commercial acumen, grounded in an understanding of “predictably irrational” consumer behaviour. Track record of value creation through driving commercial strategy a big plus, ideally in a b2c subscription business
- Excel at communicating complex topics to diverse audiences in a simple, clear and compelling way
- Collaborative and energising, you love galvanising people into action.
- Kind, thoughtful, and low ego. No project is too small, no project is too big. Will work with whoever they need to - and always respectfully - to get anything done.
These are the ideal skills, attributes, and experience we’re looking for in this role. Don’t worry if you don’t tick all the boxes, especially on the skills and experience front, we’re happy to upskill for the right candidate.
Life as a ZOEntist – what you can expect from us:
As well as industry-benchmarked compensation and all the hardware and software you need, we offer a thoughtfully-curated list of benefits. We expect this list to evolve as we continue supporting our team members’ long-term personal and professional growth, and their wellbeing.
Remote-first: Work flexibly – from home, our London office, or anywhere within the EU
Stock options: So you can share in our growth
Paid time off: 28 days paid leave (25 holiday days, plus 2 company-wide reset days, and 1 “life event” day)
Enhanced Parental Leave: On top of the statutory offering
Flexible private healthcare and life assurance options
Pension contribution: Pay monthly or top up – your choice.
Health and wellbeing: Like our Employee Assistance Program and Cycle to Work Scheme
Social, WFH, and Growth (L&D) budgets. Plus, multiple opportunities to connect, grow, and socialise
We’re all about equal opportunities
We know that a successful team is made up of diverse people, able to be their authentic selves. To continue growing our team in the best way, we believe that equal opportunities matter, so we encourage candidates from any underrepresented backgrounds to apply for this role. You can view our Equal Opportunities statement in full here.
A closer look at ZOE
Think you’ve heard our name somewhere before? We were the team behind the COVID Symptom Study, which has since become the ZOE Health Study (ZHS). We use the power of community science to conduct large-scale research from the comfort of contributors’ own homes. Our collective work and expertise in biology, engineering, and data/nutrition science have led to multiple breakthrough papers in leading scientific journals such as Nature Medicine, Science, The Lancet, and more.
Seen ZOE in the media recently? Catch our co-founder Professor Tim Spector (one of the world’s most cited scientists) and our Chief Scientist Dr Sarah Berry on this BBC Panorama, and listen to CEO Jonathan Wolf unpack the latest in science and nutrition on our ZOE podcast.
Oh, and if you’re wondering why ZOE? It translates to “Life” in Greek, which we’re helping ZOE members enjoy to the fullest.