Senior Business Process Manager - Operations
Remote · United Kingdom
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2023
We Are Redefining How People Approach Their Health
ZOE is combining scientific research at a scale never before imagined and cutting-edge AI to improve the health of millions.
Created by the world’s top scientists, our personalised nutrition program is radically reimagining a fundamental human need – eating well for your own body. Currently available in the US and the UK, having generated a waitlist of over 300,000, ZOE is already helping tens of thousands of ZOE members adopt healthier habits and achieve their goals.
We are also the team behind the popular COVID Symptom Study, which played a critical role in the fight against COVID in the UK and has now expanded to become the ZOE Health Study (ZHS). ZHS uses the power of community science to conduct large-scale research from the comfort of contributors’ homes to understand health and prevent disease. Our collective work and expertise in biology, engineering, data science, and nutrition science has led to multiple breakthrough papers in leading scientific journals such as Nature Medicine, Science, The Lancet, and more.
A remote-first, well-funded startup, we are backed by founders, investors, and entrepreneurs who have built multi-billion dollar technology companies. We are always looking for innovative thinkers and doers to join our team on a thrilling mission to tackle epic health problems that span the globe. Together, we can improve human health and touch millions of lives.
We value inclusivity, transparency, ownership, open-mindedness and diversity. We are passionate about delivering great results and learning in the open. We want our teams to have the freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions, and the well-being of our teammates and the people around us is a top priority.
About the team...
The Operations team at ZOE is responsible for the execution and success of our members throughout their testing experience. This team covers all backend operations from order to results delivery; including inventory & fulfilment, vendor management & performance, and testing data analysis. We bridge the gap between member expectations and lived experience. Our team is innovative, driven and passionate about ZOE’s mission to improve the health of millions.
About the role...
ZOE's Business Process Manager will refine & implement new processes, solve complex challenges, and drive high impact projects across our operations. As a key member of our team, you’ll be responsible for enhancing operational effectiveness through process and technology changes. You’ll be collaborating with stakeholders across our operations teams tovenable ZOE to scale our operations efficiently to meet growing demand.
- Identifying, analysing, and documenting existing business processes across various teams within operations
- Developing and implementing cross functional process improvement initiatives and strategies
- Executing on change management strategies to ensure adoption of new processes and monitoring implementation to measure impact on efficiency, cost, and member experience
- Supporting with technology needs identification alongside product, engineering, and varied stakeholder groups within operations
- Partnering with the analytics team to build and maintain our operations metric library
- Managing ad hoc projects to enable scaling and further developing ZOE’s internal operations functions across fulfilment and testing
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvement and process excellence within the organisation.
We think this role will be a great fit if you...
- Are an experienced Project Manager
- Are a strong communicator, confident working with stakeholders across levels of an organisation
- Are able to facilitate impactful change in cross functional teams
- Have proven experience in business process change management, process analysis, and optimisation
- Are a leader, focused on data driven decision making
- Are able to adapt to a changing environment to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- Are collaborative, positive, people-oriented and enthusiastic
- Ideally have some technical experience using BigQuery, SQL.
These are the ideal skills, attributes, and experience we’re looking for in this role. Don’t worry if you don’t tick all the boxes, especially on the skills and experience front, we’re happy to upskill for the right candidate.
Life as a ZOEntist – what you can expect from us:
As well as industry-benchmarked compensation and all the hardware and software you need, we offer a thoughtfully-curated list of benefits. We expect this list to evolve as we continue supporting our team members’ long-term personal and professional growth, and their wellbeing.
Remote-first: Work flexibly – from home, our London office, or anywhere within the EU
Stock options: So you can share in our growth
Paid time off: 28 days paid leave (25 holiday days, plus 2 company-wide reset days, and 1 “life event” day)
Enhanced Parental Leave: On top of the statutory offering
Flexible private healthcare and life assurance options
Pension contribution: Pay monthly or top up – your choice.
Health and wellbeing: Like our Employee Assistance Program and Cycle to Work Scheme
Social, WFH, and Growth (L&D) budgets. Plus, multiple opportunities to connect, grow, and socialise
We’re all about equal opportunities
We know that a successful team is made up of diverse people, able to be their authentic selves. To continue growing our team in the best way, we believe that equal opportunities matter, so we encourage candidates from any underrepresented backgrounds to apply for this role. You can view our Equal Opportunities statement in full here.
A closer look at ZOE Think you’ve heard our name somewhere before? We were the team behind the COVID Symptom Study, which has since become the ZOE Health Study (ZHS). We use the power of community science to conduct large-scale research from the comfort of contributors’ own homes. Our collective work and expertise in biology, engineering, and data/nutrition science have led to multiple breakthrough papers in leading scientific journals such as Nature Medicine, Science, The Lancet, and more.
Seen ZOE in the media recently? Catch our co-founder Professor Tim Spector (one of the world’s most cited scientists) and our Chief Scientist Dr Sarah Berry on this BBC Panorama, and listen to CEO Jonathan Wolf unpack the latest in science and nutrition on our ZOE podcast.
Oh, and if you’re wondering why ZOE? It translates to “Life” in Greek, which we’re helping ZOE members enjoy to the fullest.