Remote · United Kingdom
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2023
We Are Redefining How People Approach Their Health
ZOE combines scientific research with cutting-edge AI to improve the health of millions.
We are a remote-first, well-funded startup created by the world’s top scientists and backed by founders, investors, and entrepreneurs who have built multi-billion dollar tech companies.
Our personalised nutrition program radically reimagines a fundamental human need – eating well for your body. Currently available in the US and the UK with a waitlist of over 300 000 people, ZOE is already helping tens of thousands of its members adopt a healthier lifestyle.
Our collective work and expertise in biology, engineering, data science, and nutrition science have led to multiple breakthrough papers in leading scientific journals such as Nature Medicine, Science, The Lancet, and more.
We value inclusivity, transparency, ownership, open-mindedness and diversity. We are passionate about delivering great results and learning in the open. We want our teams to have the freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions, and the well-being of our teammates and the people around us is a top priority.
About the team
You’ll be a part of a larger Design team while working closely with cross-functional leaders from Marketing and Product.
Brand design's primary goal is to help more people discover the benefits of ZOE and build a stronger emotional connection with them through experience. Brand design works on initiatives that educate and build interest in ZOE’s groundbreaking science and offering in close collaboration with other teams, such as Science, Product, and Growth Marketing.
This role will report to VP Design, Vlad Zely, who spent the last five years at Miro, running their iconic rebranding and helping to grow the product and brand from a seed round startup to a unicorn, $17.5B business.
About the role
As Creative Director, you would have a rare opportunity to shape and mature a brand that changes people’s life, contributes to their well-being and does it on an unprecedented scale with science at its core. That comes with great responsibility and requires care on top of all the technical and leadership skills.
ZOE is a complex product with multi-faceted touch points: from physical test kits to digital channels, to partnerships with ambassadors, to medical devices and wearables, to podcasts, socials, and TV. An ideal candidate has a demonstrated track record across multiple domains, including physical and digital mediums and omni-channel campaigns.
You'll drive creative excellence from concept to execution, leading a team of creatives and managing relationships with external contractors. Partnering closely with Marketing, Design and Product, you will help establish ZOE as a category leader.
Above all, you are a craftsperson who leads by example and finds joy in being hands-on. It’s a strategic leadership role with a solid affinity for design and creativity. Given our scale, we would appreciate a leader who walks the talk and is passionate about helping others deliver exceptional work through mentorship, guidance, and co-creation.
P.S. The brand identity is still quite fresh, and there are many ways and directions we can go about it. It’s also phenomenal naming with just three graphically-refined and very distinctive letters: Z O E. Imagine how many remarkable, aesthetically pleasing, and truly impactful things we can create with it. Are you up for a challenge?
- Deliver business impact through creative work, translating company objectives into design for web, socials, campaigns, brand activations, marketing content, and partnerships
- Own ZOE’s brand design, motion design and digital design to deliver excellence at scale
- Lead, mentor, and manage an internal team and run operations with external agencies
- Drive innovation, drawing on cultural, industry, and market trends, as well as new science and technology advances
- Partner with leaders across the business to support ZOE’s mission and contribute positively to company culture and work process
We think you'll be a great fit if you..
- Have a proven leadership track record in managing high-performing creative teams. Experience in a high-growth tech startup and an agency background is a plus
- Have an inspiring portfolio showcasing expertise in creative strategy, advertising and social media, film and visual storytelling across different channels. Experience with a wide range of content types, from premium presentation to UGC, is a plus
- Are highly analytical, work with data and research to generate a solid understanding of customers to tailor your insights for the audience
- Are skilled at briefing individual creatives and agency partners to deliver the right content, pace, tone, and meaning
- Practice a human-centred design approach: focusing on people’s needs, prototyping and testing your ideas in close connection to your customers.
- Are a growth mindset role model who cultivates a culture of learning and mentors directs
- Listed above is a snapshot of the experience, skills and attributes we think would come in handy for success in this role. Are you passionate about ZOE and this role but don't tick 100% of the boxes above? Please consider applying anyway. We are happy to up-skill where possible.
What you can expect from us
Aside from ensuring the industry-benchmark compensation package and providing you with all the hardware and software you need, we have worked hard for our list of benefits to be focused on things that matter to our team members most.
Remote-first - work from home, pop into our London/Boston offices, or work within the EU; you have flexibility to choose your own place of work and work flexibly
Stock options - we want everyone to be rewarded for contribution to our growth
Paid time-off - on top of any national / bank holidays, you get 28 days off (25 plus 1 life-event and 2 company-wide reset days)
Enhanced parental leave - adding on to the statutory offering, we know how important it is to be supportive at times that matter
Private healthcare and life assurance - flexible options to choose what fits
Health and wellbeing - Employee Assistance Program, Cycle to Work, and more
Pension - paying monthly and offering flexibility to top your pension up
Allocated social, WFH and Growth (L&D) budgets
Plenty of learning and social opportunities
We continue to build a benefits package that invests in our team members’ long-term personal and professional growth and well-being, adding to this list as it evolves.
We believe that having a truly diverse team where everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success and we are committed to improving the tech industry for the better. We are passionate about equal opportunities and encourage candidates from any underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. When applying, please let us know of any accessibility requirements you may have for your interviews and we will do our best to accommodate.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we can be flexible on the specific arrangements and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share or other flexible arrangements if required.