Senior Manager, Service Process and Innovation
Remote · United Kingdom
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2023
We Are Redefining How People Approach Their Health
ZOE is combining scientific research at a scale never before imagined and cutting-edge AI to improve the health of millions.
Created by the world’s top scientists, our personalised nutrition program is radically reimagining a fundamental human need – eating well for your own body. Currently available in the US and the UK, having generated a waitlist of over 300,000, ZOE is already helping tens of thousands of ZOE members adopt healthier habits and achieve their goals.
We are also the team behind the popular COVID Symptom Study, which played a critical role in the fight against COVID in the UK and has now expanded to become the ZOE Health Study (ZHS). ZHS uses the power of community science to conduct large-scale research from the comfort of contributors’ homes to understand health and prevent disease. Our collective work and expertise in biology, engineering, data science, and nutrition science has led to multiple breakthrough papers in leading scientific journals such as Nature Medicine, Science, The Lancet, and more.
A remote-first, well-funded startup, we are backed by founders, investors, and entrepreneurs who have built multi-billion dollar technology companies. We are always looking for innovative thinkers and doers to join our team on a thrilling mission to tackle epic health problems that span the globe. Together, we can improve human health and touch millions of lives.
We value inclusivity, transparency, ownership, open-mindedness and diversity. We are passionate about delivering great results and learning in the open. We want our teams to have the freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions, and the well-being of our teammates and the people around us is a top priority.
About the team...
Our Service team sits at the heart of ZOE, and is responsible for ensuring our members have the best customer journey possible. We have two main functions: Customer Support and Nutrition Coaching. Our Support team provides assistance to our customers by addressing their questions and concerns in an accurate and efficient manner. Our Coaching team works with customers to provide nutritional advice and guide them through the ZOE program. We support our customers via the in-app chat service, emails and over the phone, and we’re passionate about maintaining high standards of customer service across all interactions.
About the role...
We’re looking for a Process and Innovation Manager to join our team. You’ll be responsible for elevating service efficiency and quality, and enhancing overall team effectiveness and customer satisfaction. You’ll be analysing existing processes, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing innovative solutions. Ideally, you’ll have an in-depth understanding of business processes, strong analytical skills, and a passion for driving continuous improvement.
- Evaluating existing processes to identify inefficiencies, bottlenecks, and areas for improvement across the Service team
- Using data and customer feedback to recognize trends, patterns, and opportunities for process optimization and innovation
- Designing and implementing process improvement initiatives, ensuring their integration and smooth execution throughout the team
- Tracking the impact of changes through various metrics, analysing results, and making adjustments as needed
- Supporting with technology needs identification alongside product, engineering, and other stakeholder groups
- Partnering with the analytics team to build and maintain our operations metric library
- Managing ad-hoc projects to enable the scaling and further development of ZOE’s Service function.
You'll be a great fit for the role if you...
- Are experienced in implementing continuous process improvement and driving transformation
- Have strong business acumen, and are able to proactively identify opportunities for enhancement and growth
- Have a data-driven style and recognize the significance of data in driving business strategies and prioritise its use in decision-making
- Love communication, partnership, and cross-functional collaboration
- Have the ability to thrive and excel in a fast-paced high growth environment with changing priorities
- Have some experience scaling businesses and possess the ability to achieve operational excellence and foster positive changes
- Have technical experience using BigQuery, SQL
- Have a background in management consulting.
These are the ideal skills, attributes, and experience we’re looking for in this role. Don’t worry if you don’t tick all the boxes, especially on the skills and experience front, we’re happy to upskill for the right candidate.
Life as a ZOEntist – what you can expect from us:
As well as industry-benchmarked compensation and all the hardware and software you need, we offer a thoughtfully-curated list of benefits. We expect this list to evolve as we continue supporting our team members’ long-term personal and professional growth, and their wellbeing.
Remote-first: Work flexibly – from home, our London office, or anywhere within the EU
Stock options: So you can share in our growth
Paid time off: 28 days paid leave (25 holiday days, plus 2 company-wide reset days, and 1 “life event” day)
Enhanced Parental Leave: On top of the statutory offering
Flexible private healthcare and life assurance options
Pension contribution: Pay monthly or top up – your choice.
Health and wellbeing: Like our Employee Assistance Program and Cycle to Work Scheme
Social, WFH, and Growth (L&D) budgets. Plus, multiple opportunities to connect, grow, and socialise
We’re all about equal opportunities
We know that a successful team is made up of diverse people, able to be their authentic selves. To continue growing our team in the best way, we believe that equal opportunities matter, so we encourage candidates from any underrepresented backgrounds to apply for this role. You can view our Equal Opportunities statement in full here.
A closer look at ZOE Think you’ve heard our name somewhere before? We were the team behind the COVID Symptom Study, which has since become the ZOE Health Study (ZHS). We use the power of community science to conduct large-scale research from the comfort of contributors’ own homes. Our collective work and expertise in biology, engineering, and data/nutrition science have led to multiple breakthrough papers in leading scientific journals such as Nature Medicine, Science, The Lancet, and more.
Seen ZOE in the media recently? Catch our co-founder Professor Tim Spector (one of the world’s most cited scientists) and our Chief Scientist Dr Sarah Berry on this BBC Panorama, and listen to CEO Jonathan Wolf unpack the latest in science and nutrition on our ZOE podcast.
Oh, and if you’re wondering why ZOE? It translates to “Life” in Greek, which we’re helping ZOE members enjoy to the fullest.