Communications & PR Director
Marketing & Communications
Remote · United Kingdom
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
We Are Redefining How People Approach Their Health
ZOE is combining scientific research at a scale never before imagined and cutting-edge AI to improve the health of millions.
Created by the world’s top scientists, our personalised nutrition program is radically reimagining a fundamental human need – eating well for your own body. Currently available in the US and the UK, having generated a waitlist of over 300,000, ZOE is already helping tens of thousands of ZOE members adopt healthier habits and achieve their goals.
We are also the team behind the popular COVID Symptom Study, which played a critical role in the fight against COVID in the UK and has now expanded to become the ZOE Health Study (ZHS). ZHS uses the power of community science to conduct large-scale research from the comfort of contributors’ homes to understand health and prevent disease. Our collective work and expertise in biology, engineering, data science, and nutrition science has led to multiple breakthrough papers in leading scientific journals such as Nature Medicine, Science, The Lancet, and more.
A remote-first, well-funded startup, we are backed by founders, investors, and entrepreneurs who have built multi-billion dollar technology companies. We are always looking for innovative thinkers and doers to join our team on a thrilling mission to tackle epic health problems that span the globe. Together, we can improve human health and touch millions of lives.
We value inclusivity, transparency, ownership, open-mindedness and diversity. We are passionate about delivering great results and learning in the open. We want our teams to have the freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions, and the well-being of our teammates and the people around us is a top priority.
About the team
The Brand Marketing team's primary goal is to help more people discover the benefits of ZOE and build a stronger emotional connection with them. We work on initiatives that educate and build interest in ZOE’s groundbreaking science and offering, in close collaboration with other teams, such as Science, Product, and Growth Marketing. Our team is responsible for the chart-topping ZOE Science & Nutrition podcast, and campaigns such as our recent record-breaking crowdfund, the Big Poo Review in partnership with Channel 4, and more.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced Communications & PR director to join our fast-growing team to lead us in a new stage of growth. Leading a small and versatile team, the ideal candidate will have proven experience creating comprehensive consumer communications strategies, executing with excellence, and leaning on data to foster an environment of continuous improvement. This role reports to our VP of Brand Marketing.
- Develop and implement the company’s overall communications and PR strategy to build brand awareness, trust and credibility
- Oversee media relations and drive success across earned media, from podcast to print
- Manage a small but impactful team focused on communications and media relations, with a focus on mentorship and development
- Launch best-in-class multi-channel brand programs in collaboration with the brand team
- Collaborate closely with other functions to ensure the delivery of cross-functional initiatives and campaigns
- You’ll use data-driven approaches to understand which communications and PR efforts are working for the business and prioritize for the team appropriately
- Set clear goals and KPIs for communications and PR, and report back to the business regularly on progress and learnings
- Oversee investor communications, responsible for what and how we communicate to our more than 13k ZOE Owners
We think this role would be a great fit if you:
- Have a strong record of in-house consumer communications and PR leadership experience in the UK market, preferably in a high-growth environment
- Have experience crafting and implementing global, multi-channel communications and PR strategies that drive business impact
- Are expert in emerging media, with a strong focus on digital and podcasts. You are someone who’s interested in testing new channels and learning quickly
- Are entrepreneurial: You are eager to test and learn and get your hands dirty
- Are an excellent communicator who brings others along on the journey. Your communication inspires others
- Are a great and effective collaborator; people love working with you
- Are member obsessed: You enjoy spending time with members and immersing yourself in member research
- Are a growth mindset role model who cultivates a culture of learning and mentors directs
- Not afraid to get stuck in: As a small team working at pace you’ll be required to also get involved in the day-to-day work
- Are mission-driven and passionate about improving the health of millions
Listed above is a snapshot of the experience, skills and attributes we think would come handy for the success in this role. Are you passionate about ZOE and this role but don't tick 100% of the boxes above? Please consider applying anyway. We are happy to up-skill where possible.
What you can expect from us
Aside from ensuring the industry-benchmark compensation package and providing you with all the hardware and software you need, we have worked hard for our list of benefits to be focused on things that matter to our team members most.
Remote-first - work from home, pop into our London/Boston offices, or work within the EU; you have flexibility to choose your own place of work and work flexibly
Stock options - we want everyone to be rewarded for contribution to our growth
Paid time-off - on top of any national / bank holidays, you get 28 days off (25 plus 1 life-event and 2 company-wide reset days)
Enhanced parental leave - adding on to the statutory offering, we know how important it is to be supportive at times that matter
Private healthcare and life assurance - flexible options to choose what fits
Health and wellbeing - Employee Assistance Program, Cycle to Work and more
Pension - paying monthly and offering flexibility to top your pension up
Allocated social, WFH and Growth (L&D) budgets
Plenty of learning and social opportunities
We continue to build a benefits package that invests in our team members’ long-term personal and professional growth and wellbeing, adding to this list as it evolves.
We believe that having a truly diverse team where everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success and we are committed to improving the tech industry for the better. We are passionate about equal opportunities and encourage candidates from any underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. When applying, please let us know of any accessibility requirements you may have for your interviews and we will do our best to accommodate.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we can be flexible on the specific arrangements and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share or other flexible arrangements, if required.
See more open positions at ZOE
Something looks off?