Senior Product Manager - Testing and Results
Remote · United Kingdom
Posted on Monday, April 24, 2023
We Are Redefining How People Approach Their Health
ZOE is combining scientific research at a scale never before imagined and cutting-edge AI to improve the health of millions.
Created by the world’s top scientists, our personalised nutrition program is radically reimagining a fundamental human need – eating well for your own body. Currently available in the US and the UK, having generated a waitlist of over 300,000, ZOE is already helping tens of thousands of ZOE members adopt healthier habits and achieve their goals.
We are also the team behind the popular COVID Symptom Study, which played a critical role in the fight against COVID in the UK and has now expanded to become the ZOE Health Study (ZHS). ZHS uses the power of community science to conduct large-scale research from the comfort of contributors’ homes to understand health and prevent disease. Our collective work and expertise in biology, engineering, data science, and nutrition science has led to multiple breakthrough papers in leading scientific journals such as Nature Medicine, Science, The Lancet, and more.
A remote-first, well-funded startup, we are backed by founders, investors, and entrepreneurs who have built multi-billion dollar technology companies. We are always looking for innovative thinkers and doers to join our team on a thrilling mission to tackle epic health problems that span the globe. Together, we can improve human health and touch millions of lives.
We value inclusivity, transparency, ownership, open-mindedness and diversity. We are passionate about delivering great results and learning in the open. We want our teams to have the freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions, and the well-being of our teammates and the people around us is a top priority.
About the team
The Testing & Results team’s mission is to maximise the % of members who get the most insightful understanding of their body’s health progress. They’re responsible for delivering the most comprehensive and personalised health insights available in an easy and fast way. The team’s domain covers the testing & retesting experience end-to-end: scaling fulfilment, integration with partners and labs, and the delivery of results in-app so members know how their gut & metabolic health connects with food and long-term outcomes they’re after. They’re also responsible for iterating how we’re using the latest science and tech to provide more insights into our member’s health and combine new health markers to update how we think about the ZOE score and give members control of their health.
To deliver the best experience to members, this cross-functional team works closely with the Operations team (packing, kits, testing instructions) and the Science team (results digest, insights playback, gut profile). It’s a big, complex and fun scope.
About the role
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to obsess about the Testing Experience. You’ll work closely with the Group Product Manager, Operations and Engineering leads to shape the roadmap, enable fast-paced execution, and drive impact and efficiency as we scale.
- The champion of the user’s needs. Drive continuous discovery for the team with the aim to understand, capture and communicate the deeper motivations of customers and what drives them to adhere to the ZOE program.
- The expert in the delivery of personalised advice for different user segments and behavioural patterns. You’ll use user personas and jobs to be done - and the LTV of each segment - to customise our approach
- Looking for ways to scale the backend of the testing experience and its process
- Driving the team’s roadmap: identify, scope, and prioritise opportunities to grow user activation and engagement, increase operational efficiency and improve unit economics in partnership with folks in Operations, Coaching, and other Product squads.
- Biased towards action: work closely with Operations, Coaching and the Product team to rapidly execute the roadmap based on the opportunities the team prioritised
- Driving a culture of data-driven decision-making, ensuring clear success metrics for each initiative and feature launch, driving insights from operational analysis and product metrics, and partnering with Analytics and Data Science where needed.
- Running a constant cadence of experiments, inspired by user and market insights. Use testing insights and ongoing performance data to inform strategy and future tactics.
- Building the machine that builds the machine: shaping culture and leading by influence through the use of data, logic and member knowledge and leveraging your time effectively by working through others - both inside and outside the team
We think this role would be a great fit if you...
- Have a proven track record building products in a consumer-first environment to deliver a better customer experience, operational efficiency, and unit economics in a high-growth tech startup.
- Expertise in one or several areas is a plus (e.g. health-tech, telemedicine, operations &/ logistics)
- Are highly quantitative, with a data-driven mindset
- Iterate extremely rapidly with a “let’s try it” attitude, whilst being mindful of risks and pitfalls.
- Are as comfortable getting hands-on as taking a step back and thinking strategically, proactively identifying issues and opportunities, and tackling them without being told to do so. You must be willing to get involved with the weeds of this week’s delivery, alongside thinking about how recent test learnings inform our plans for the next quarter
- Are experienced with user-centric, rapid product development loops: extracting insights from customer interviews, understanding quant data, translating them to ideas, and translating ideas to prototypes that can be tested rapidly to get user feedback and validation.
- Have experience working with cross-functional teams and leveraging others around you
- Enjoy working cross-functionally with many different partners from executives, to designers, to engineers to data scientists and scientists.
- Have intellectual curiosity & rigour.
Listed above is a snapshot of the experience, skills and attributes we think would come handy for the success in this role. Are you passionate about ZOE and this role but don't tick 100% of the boxes above? Please consider applying anyway. We are happy to up-skill where possible.
What you can expect from us
Aside from ensuring the industry-benchmark compensation package and providing you with all the hardware and software you need, we have worked hard for our list of benefits to be focused on things that matter to our team members most.
Remote-first - work from home, pop into our London/Boston offices, or work within the EU; you have flexibility to choose your own place of work and work flexibly
Stock options - we want everyone to be rewarded for contribution to our growth
Paid time-off - on top of any national / bank holidays, you get 28 days off (25 plus 1 life-event and 2 company-wide reset days)
Enhanced parental leave - adding on to the statutory offering, we know how important it is to be supportive at times that matter
Private healthcare and life assurance - flexible options to choose what fits
Health and wellbeing - Employee Assistance Program, Cycle to Work and more
Pension - paying monthly and offering flexibility to top your pension up
Allocated social, WFH and Growth (L&D) budgets
Plenty of learning and social opportunities
We continue to build a benefits package that invests in our team members’ long-term personal and professional growth and wellbeing, adding to this list as it evolves.
We believe that having a truly diverse team where everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success and we are committed to improving the tech industry for the better. We are passionate about equal opportunities and encourage candidates from any underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. When applying, please let us know of any accessibility requirements you may have for your interviews and we will do our best to accommodate.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we can be flexible on the specific arrangements and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share or other flexible arrangements, if required.
See more open positions at ZOE
Something looks off?