Senior Software Engineer
Interested in helping developers around the world improve the security posture of their applications? We are a fast growing group of engineers building Application Security experiences inside of New Relic, and we need your help! Prior security experience is a plus but is not required for this role, we'll teach you what you need to know! We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to be a founding member of a new Engineering team, contributing to our Vulnerability Management product.
- Collaborate with engineering leadership to build our technical strategy.
- Steer teams toward technical decisions that fit well with the long term vision.
- Help teams choose the right tools for the job at hand and use the chosen technologies effectively.
- Identify and lead to resolution any cross-team and cross-org technical issues, working with other Architects and leaders as needed.
- Provide the connective tissue between teams and organizations for all technical matters.
- Mentor junior engineers and help them grow in their roles
- Professional experience collaborating as part of an engineering team
- Experience in technical leadership and guiding engineering teams
- Experience building and operating high-scale distributed systems
- Experience building, owning and maintaining REST APIs
- Ability to collaborate and impact decisions at the organizational level
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building partner ecosystem platforms
- Experience building and owning public REST APIs
- Experience with App Security and secure development lifecycle activities, such as: Threat Modeling, Security code reviews
- Experience using and/or running App Security products (Security Testing or Vulnerability Management tools, such as Dependabot, Snyk, or Synopsys)
- 5+ years of professional experience in software engineering
- BS/MS in a field related to Computer Science or Cyber Security
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to help every engineer do their best work, every day, using data, not opinions, at every stage of the software lifecycle. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. Flex First allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or hybrid.
Read more about Flex First.
Our hiring process
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
Employment agencies or third parties that submit a resume into this career site or to New Relic without an authorized agreement do so with the understanding that the applicant’s resume will become the property of New Relic without limitation and without any obligation or fee due for any reason.