Head of Artificial Intelligence - X/F/M
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2023
🩺 At Lifen, we believe that everyone deserves high-quality, accessible, and financially sustainable healthcare. Lifen’s digital solutions are the missing puzzle piece for a truly patient-centric care system. We break down silos within the industry and support healthcare research and innovation by making health data accessible to all stakeholders: healthcare providers, patients, governments, digital health apps, and clinical research centers.
🔗 How? We solve the interoperability puzzle so digital health innovators and healthcare facilities don't have to. With our secured FHIR platform and software solutions, customers get to collect and share health data at scale, as well as seamlessly integrate it in with primary data systems.
🔮 Lifen is also a pioneer in Artificial Intelligence: we build algorithms that reliably and automatically structure and integrate health information for a truly complete and dependable record system, eliminating hundreds of thousands worth of hours of routine administrative tasks.
Born in Paris and reborn all over Europe, we are more than 170 Lifeners committed to bringing the digital revolution to the healthcare sector.
Lifen is always on the lookout for new talent 💁🏽 💁🏿♀️ 💁🏼♂️
The Machine Learning Team
Providing daily over a million real-time predictions to our user base, the AI team has been instrumental in launching our flagship product, Lifen Sending, which facilitates the seamless exchange of medical notes among healthcare practitioners in 800 healthcare organisations in France. Over the past 6 years dealing with Medical Data, our team has built a strong expertise in building robust models that deliver actionable value to our users by accelerating laborious human-intensive administrative workloads with high standards in terms of security and privacy.
Our current team (3 ML Engineers) has built Layout Extraction Models for extracting text from documents and preprocessing them for downstream tasks, Visual Explainable NLP Tools for the support team & users, Pseudonymisation algorithms to be able to work on algorithms without exposing private medical data and finally our core Information Extraction Models from documents (Classification, NER, etc.).
Lifen is now investing in a new offer for Healthcare Organisations and academic & industry Research Partners that will tap into our expertise in dealing with medical documents and Lifen’s Reach (800 Healthcare Organisation & 3M documents sent per month) to structure real-world research-grade data from the medical reports handled by Lifen: Lifen Cohort. We already have a proof of concept working with generative AI on a first production project. It enhances this even more human-intensive workload of structuring data from health records to change the scale and quality at which medical research can be done!
Your future missions as Head of Artificial Intelligence
1. Technical leadership
- Define and implement Lifen's AI strategy, in line with the company's overall objectives.
- Leading the choice of architecture and technologies for the AI service, ensuring seamless integration with existing products.
- Ensure continuous technological monitoring to anticipate developments in the field of AI and integrate them into Lifen's roadmap.
2. Team management
- Leading and supporting the team of 3 Machine Learning engineers, ensuring that they develop their skills and grow professionally.
- Facilitating collaboration between the AI team and other technical and business teams.
3. Evangelisation and visibility
- Position Lifen as a major player in AI applied to healthcare in France.
- Represent Lifen at conferences, seminars and key industry events.
- Build and maintain a network with other experts in the field, universities and potential partners.
4. Product development
- Working closely with the product teams to transform recent technologies into concrete solutions responding to specific problems (e.g. automatic detection of recipients, reporting paths, etc.).
- Ensuring the relevance and effectiveness of the AI solutions deployed, while complying with the ethical and regulatory standards of the healthcare sector.
5. Strategy and growth
- Define clear and measurable objectives for the AI team, consistent with Lifen's overall strategy.
- Actively participate in the recruitment of new talent to strengthen the team.
The profile we are looking for
🪐You have proven experience in the field of AI ;
👥 You have a track record in managing a team ;
⚓️ You already had leadership roles on the implementation of AI solutions in production ;
🧩 You already worked on the construction and implementation of an AI roadmap in a scale-up company ;
🏥 If you already have experience in the healthcare industry, well that's the icing on the cake ;
🇬🇧 🇫🇷 We expect from you to be completely fluent in French as it is our main spoken language and to be comfortable in English.
Caring together also means acting benevolently. Like the industry in which we operate, we foster diversity, inclusion, and equity. We highlight your skills and know-how and banish all forms of discrimination, whether sexual, religious or political.
About our Hiring Process
- HR Interview with Héloïse, HR Tech Partner
- Manager Interview with Ludovic, VP of Engineering
- Technical Test with the team
- Final interview with Etienne, Chief Technology Officer and Sacha our Chief Product Officer
- References Check