Sr Technical Product Manager
Sr Technical Product Manager
Our mission is to inspire the next generation to develop a love of reading and learning. Designed for unlimited discovery and unmatched safety, Epic is the #1 most popular digital library for kids. With tens of thousands of high-quality books, audiobooks, and videos from the world’s best publishers, every year millions of kids read, learn and explore on Epic at home and in school.
To learn more about our vision to unlock the potential of every child, visit us at www.getepic.com.
About the job
We are looking for a Sr. Technical Product Manager to join our US-based product team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading technical initiatives, bridging product and engineering, and supporting the US pods and roadmap. You will get deep into technical projects while also staying scrappy and be proactive about finding and solving issues.
Epic is headquartered in the SF Bay Area with a distributed team throughout the US and in India. We are currently looking for candidates to work in the US Eastern Time zone with a strong preference for candidates residing in that region. This will be a 100% remote position with some potential opportunity for in-person meetups.
- Drive technical initiatives and integrations
- Partner with engineering to improve our platform and apps
- Drive pod processes across distributed scrum teams
- Collaborate with design, content, marketing and support teams
- Understand and analyze data pipelines, algorithms, and automated systems
- Use database queries to analyze performance indicators, evaluate experiments, etc.
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation
- Miscellaneous projects and tasks
- 5+ years of SaaS technical product management experience
- High degree of technical experience and collaborating with engineering
- Tactical excellence in supporting remote scrum teams
- Exceptional communication and writing skills, ability to effectively communicate customer needs, features, benefits and more
- Ability to work cross functionally and drive multiple teams/projects to deliver on initiatives
- Ability to think strategically and analytically with a strong attention to detail
- Exceptional analytical skills; ability to analyze, synthesize and leverage SQL etc. to draw insights and make conclusions
- Experience and interest in working in a fast-paced startup with a willingness to pitch in where needed
- Degree/experience in Computer Science and/or Analytics
- Experience with Integrations
- Experience with Startups
- Experience with EdTech products and user ecosystem (D2C and B2B)
- Experience with global teams and markets
The compensation for this position includes a new hire base salary range of $150,000-$170,000. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Your Recruiter can answer any questions regarding compensation during the hiring process.
- Unlimited PTO
- 15 paid Holidays a year
- Generous Family Leave
- Comprehensive Health Plans – Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Epic Family Subscription