Senior Trade-in Champion Program Manager
Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of 650 people, powering operations in 21 countries (and counting!).
Named one of the World's Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company in 2019 and again in 2021, our mission is simple: empowering people to consume tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact. We have indeed contributed to avoid the production of more than 1,000,000 tons of CO2e worldwide since our launch in 2014.
Be part of an exciting and growing international adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech.
With Back Market, customers have the opportunity to purchase refurbished technology devices and also sell their old ones. The latter option is made possible through our Trade-In program, which aims to give a new life to used tech devices by reintegrating them into the circular ecosystem. Our goal is to establish a consumer habit of embracing refurbished technology, making it effortless and profitable for customers to resell their old devices. As a Senior Trade-in Champion Program Manager within the Circularity team, you will be in charge of the success of a restricted pool of preferred partners while being exposed to a large variety of business topics (sellers onboarding, performance, quality...). You will have daily interactions with members of the Circularity team and many other Back Makers (particularly in the SellerS team) and you’ll take part in and contribute to all team meetings and reviews.
**NOTE: This role is located in New York, New York (Union Square Park West - Manhattan), and requires a hybrid work schedule with a minimum of two days per week in the office. Candidates should either be local to NYC or open to relocating.**
YOUR MISSION: 🥇
- Collaborate closely with the SellerS team to craft and implement an onboarding strategy. This should support our trade-in program in recently launched markets and product categories while reinforcing the position of mature ones.
- Manage the Trade-In Launching Phase program to ensure sellers' successful onboarding and initial success. Work hand in hand with SellerS team to deliver early-stage support and guarantee that sellers have the necessary guidance and resources to thrive.
- Provide training for sellers about trade-in processes and quality standards and work with the SellerS team to implement them
- Deliver data analysis to identify areas where seller performance can be improved and partner with the SellerS team to implement actionable plans for addressing the identified issues.
- Enhance sellers' trade-in performance by equipping the SellerS team with the tools and resources needed to effectively manage their portfolios and foster their adoption.
- Act as a bridge between sellers and our team by actively gathering and assessing sellers' feedback and identifying common challenges and pain points through data analysis, and implement action plans to address them.
YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE IF YOU HAVE: ⭐
- Excellent written and oral communication in English (French is a plus)
- 3-5 years experience in account management or sales operations in a fast-paced environment.
- You have excellent communication/people skills
- You are comfortable with figures & reportings - Excel is a must; Tableau, SQL, and Zapier are a plus
- You have strong organizational skills, a strong sense of ownership and accountability. You are a team player and you have a high capacity to federate and work with transversal teams in an international environment.
- Phone Screen - U.S. People Manager (30-45 min)
- Business Screening + Skills Fit - Senior Lead Trade Inv(1 hr)
- Internal Stakeholders Interview - Director of Circularity (1 hr)
- BM Values Sabothire interview - U.S. GM (1 hr)
This position has an estimated annual base salary range of $90,000 to $115,000, plus opportunities for equity. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to demonstrated skill set, years and depth of relevant experience, and some role-dependent factors. We welcome direct conversations with each candidate about compensation in all of our initial calls.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ? ✌🏼
- An attractive salary that comes with equity options, health insurance, paid maternity and parental leave, 401K, commuter benefits, mental health support, and more,
- Flexible working hours and hybrid models that let you choose which days you to work in the office and at home (because work-life balance is an individual right).
- Professional development programs, internal mobility, and the opportunity to make your career what you want it to become.
- A meaningful mission. But also fun. We're serious about changing the landscape of the electronics industry and we like to keep things spicy.
- A booming scale-up: we are rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and in Asia!
- Welcoming, safe, and inclusive working environment where everyone's opinion, differences, and backgrounds are heard and respected.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer which means we pledge to not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.. If reasonable accommodations are needed for the interview process, please do not hesitate to discuss this with the Talent Acquisition Team.
Back Market is helping to address one of the biggest challenges of our time: climate change. We take this so seriously that we were awarded status as a “Société à Mission”, or company with a social mission, by the French government. We know we can’t tackle a global problem without a globally representative team so we are committed to embedding diversity, equity and inclusion principles in every aspect of our organization. But more importantly, being One Loving & Free Spirited Tribe is in our DNA as it is one of the five foundational values of our company since we got started way back in 2014. We are committed to hiring and supporting diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We know our lofty goals cannot be reached unless everyone has a seat at the table along with the resources and opportunity to grow.