Experienced Android Engineer
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of 700 people, powering operations in 17 countries (and counting!).Named one of the World's Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company in 2019 and again in 2021, our mission is simple: empowering people to consume tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact . We have indeed contributed to avoid the production of more than 1,000,000 tons of CO2e worldwide since our launch in 2014.Be part of an exciting and growing international adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech.We are looking for an Android Engineer to work inside the Perfect Journey Tribe, which is in charge of empowering users to find the right products & services on the Back Market app.As an Android Engineer, you will contribute to develop the best experience on our Android app in a dedicated squad of Perfect Journey. You will take part in strong teamwork (backend+frontend+iOS engineers, designer, product manager) and of the quality produced.Thanks to your engineering skills, code & reviews process, you will also take part in a mobile engineering chapter, with talented iOS, Android, and QA engineers. You will learn, share, and improve all together, in addition to scaling up our mobile app’s architecture & delivery at Back Market. Whether you're hooked on Kotlin, developing advanced UI with motion, or purely Core, you will work efficiently and you will favor collaborative work by remaining open to new ideas.For the next year, we have huge ambitions, that’s why we are looking for iOS & Android engineers who are inspired in developing an m-commerce app, with an optimized and advanced user experience. We are just at the beginning of the m-commerce app and we want to accelerate it with amazing features. This role is made for you if :
- You are a developer with more than 3 years of experience on Android, with some apps released on the PlayStore or B2B,
- You know how to build native application using Kotlin/Java with solid architecture and cutting (MVVM, MVP or other),
- You have already used Kotlin coroutines or flows,
- You can work daily with Git, using Git-flow and writing clean Pull Request,
- You understand and can contribute to the maintenance and evolution of the continuous integration stack : Bitrise, Crashlytics, Firebase App Distribution, Github Actions, etc
- With the entire team, you follow and maintain the app monitoring : KPIs, logs, crash reporting, boards,
- You continually maintain technical and functional exchanges with the iOS team 🍎, because it is possible and necessary 💚,
- You take part in the meetups, lectures of the community and you document yourself through blog articles to keep you up to date (medium, PAUG, Google I/O, etc.),
- You’ve got some favorite repositories that you use as a reference for best practices,
- You like to develop beautiful interfaces and fluid animations, while respecting the Android guidelines (however, without being too rigid on those principles),
- You’re disappointed that Google let down the desert names for Android versions.
- A meaningful job: you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- A meaningful company: we became a mission-driven company in January 2022.
- Be part of a worldwide growing company based in Europe, the USA and Asia to face great challenges : you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Work alongside passionate experts: who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow in your career.
- Grow your career: with a flexible career path and a dedicated Learning & Development team. Back Market will help you evolve with personalized internal trainings and external handpicked providers from day 1!
- Leadership Academy by Back Market:“be a coach not a dictator” is at the core of this program ! We train and enable all our leaders to support their team towards achieving goals. Be a manager at Back Market is an unique experience we take by heart.
- An attractive salary, equity and a host of benefits including : Lunch voucher, health insurance, relocation package, paid time off for activism in your community, parental benefits, flexible hours, etc…
- One Loving Tribe: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
- Be part of one of our Employee Resource Groups createdaround shared identities, common backgrounds and/or special interests crafted to be a safe space and an expressive outlet.
- Several internal events: The Monday Brief (weekly)/ The Somehands (monthly)/ The All Hands (annual).
- We’re here to SABOTAGE: It’s our mantra. It keeps us focused on what we aspire to be: a little bit sneaky, always smart, kinda frugal and constantly conspiring to create maximum impact.