Sales Account Manager Intern
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of 700 people, powering operations in 17 countries (and counting!).Named one of the World's Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company in 2019 and again in 2021, our mission is simple: empowering people to consume tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact . We have indeed contributed to avoid the production of more than 1,000,000 tons of CO2e worldwide since our launch in 2014.Be part of an exciting and growing international adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech.Back Market would be nothing without our dear sellers providing all the state-of-the-art refurbished supply to our customers. The more we grow, the more sellers we welcome, and that is where the Seller Lifecycle team, as part of the Sellers team, comes into play. By collaborating with various departments inside Back Market (Operations, Support, Quality, Product, Finance, Services, etc.) we address all sellers' needs in the most automated way possible, also monitoring and improving sellers' global performance on the platform to bring the refurbished industry to the next level.As an Account Manager Intern within the Seller Lifecycle team (in our Barcelona office), you will work closely with and support our refurbishers to offer the customers the best products quality & price-wise. You will focus on various topics related to quality, compliance, sellers' knowledge and training, price analysis, and e-commerce competition. Your Mission (If You Accept It):
- Manage a portfolio of New sellers, and own their Sales and quality performance on our platform
- Provide key insights from raw data and current situations (analyze databases, KPI major trends, or qualitative data)
- Lead cross-team projects to tailor solutions for our sellers
- Highly contribute to our business growth by working cross functionally within Back Market
- You’re looking for a 6-months full-time internship in Barcelona from January to June 2024
- English and French are no-brainers (fully professional capability). If you’re extra cool and speak Spanish, bonus points for you!
- You ideally have a previous experience in Sales/Consulting/Project management position, even better if it was in the e-commerce sector
- You show strong analytical thinking and project management skills – strong use of insights and confidence around data-driven decision-making (Excel is a must-have, SQL is a plus)
- You are a great team player, good at communicating and have a lot of drive with a can-do / will-do attitude
- > You must have an internship agreement provided by your school that allows you to be based in Barcelona.
- A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- An attractive salary, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), internal events, etc…
- Be in an environment where you can make a difference: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and in Asia!
- We embrace work life balance which includes flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.