Fraud and Risk Officer Intern (French speaker)
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of 700 people, powering operations in 17 countries (and counting!).Named one of the World's Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company in 2019 and again in 2021, our mission is simple: empowering people to consume tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact . We have indeed contributed to avoid the production of more than 1,000,000 tons of CO2e worldwide since our launch in 2014.Be part of an exciting and growing international adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech.As a Fraud and Risk Officer Intern, you will be responsible for the ongoing assessment of Fraud risks, organizing the framework for action to monitor and prevent the risk of fraud on the Back Market platform. In this role, you will work closely with the finance team to ensure fraud risks are managed effectively. Your Mission (If You Accept It):
- Evaluate and monitor high-risk transactions for potential fraud
- Report on Fraud statistics and share fraud trends to improve team knowledge and detection rates- Defend Chargebacks on behalf of BackMarket.
- Suspend accounts as appropriate or lift suspension based on appeal
- Resolve customer fraud-related emails- Assist our customers and help to resolve their disputes in claims inquiries
- Work closely with internal Customer Support to ensure that while fraud risks are managed effectively, there is minimal friction to our customers
- Analyze fraud & payment data to identify vulnerabilities and take actions
- Student in Finance (or equivalent)
- Looking for a 6-month internship
- English and French are no-brainers (fully professional capability). If you’re extra cool and speak more languages, bonus points for you!
- You have an investigative mind and you are highly detail-oriented
- You have a strong sense of confidentiality and integrity
- You are data-oriented and not afraid about using excel
- A first experience in fraud prevention and/or e-commerce is a plus
- Starting date in January 2024
- Duration 4 to 6 months
- Location: Paris, France
- > You must have an internship agreement provided by your school.
- Video-call Interview with the Talent Acquisition Specialist (30 min)
- Skill fit interview and live case study with the manager (45min)
- Cultural fit interview (30min)
- A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- An attractive salary, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), internal events, etc…
- Be in an environment where you can make a difference: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and in Asia!
- We embrace work life balance which includes flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.