Legal Intern (French Speaker) / Juriste Stagiaire
Posted on Saturday, September 9, 2023
Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of 700 people, powering operations in 17 countries (and counting!).Named one of the World's Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company in 2019 and again in 2021, our mission is simple: empowering people to consume tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact . We have indeed contributed to avoid the production of more than 1,000,000 tons of CO2e worldwide since our launch in 2014.Be part of an exciting and growing international adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech.As Legal Intern, you will help the legal team in supporting Back Market’s legal operations and assist the Public affairs team into building and implementing its strategy in the context of the 2024 european elections.This role involves conducting legal research and drafting legal memos, reviewing, negotiating and drafting contracts, monitoring political activity, building stakeholders maps, assisting in the implementation of regulations and providing legal advice to ensure all teams of Back Market are aware of the applicable laws and regulations in their field of activities. You will also help the legal team to improve and implement its legal processes and make sure all teams of Back Market are aware of them and apply them. Your Mission (If You Accept It):
- Perform legal research and draft legal memos
- Ensure legal monitoring
- Participate in the drafting and negotiation of contracts / contractual clauses with Services Providers
- Participate in the implementation of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
- Contribute to set-up a reliable and up-to-date legal process documentation
- Ensure the follow-up of pre-litigation / litigation
- Provide legal advice to all teams of Back Market on various subjects (consumption law, advertising law, environmental law, distribution law, intellectual property law, competition law, digital law, privacy law, and compliance regulations)
- Assist the team to structure the governance of the Group
- Monitor candidates, parties and stakeholders’ positions on circular economy in the 2024 European elections, build key stakeholders mappings and work in collaboration with the associations Back Market is a member of
- You are an “EFB” student and/or have a DJCE or Master II in law, ideally in digital or e-commerce law, privacy law, distribution/consumption, or economic/competition law
- Have a strong interest for politics and circular economy regulation building
- Looking for a 6-month internship for a gap year or end of studies
- English and French are no-brainers (fully professional capability). If you’re extra cool and speak more languages, bonus points for you!
- You already have prior internship experience in a related area (in the legal department of a company and/or a law firm)
- You are endowed with excellent communication skills and a strong capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Starting date in January 2024
- Duration 4 to 6 months
- Location: Paris, France
- > You must have an internship agreement provided by your school.
- Skills fit interview with the direct manager (on Zoom - 45min)
- Home assignment/ technical test
- Admin and Cultural fit interview with the HR and another person in the team (on Zoom - 45min)
- A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- An attractive salary, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), internal events, etc…
- Be in an environment where you can make a difference: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and in Asia!
- We embrace work life balance which includes flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.