Seller Support Advisor
New York, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 9, 2023
Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of 700 people, powering operations in 17 countries (and counting!).Named one of the World's Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company in 2019 and again in 2021, our mission is simple: empowering people to consume tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact . We have indeed contributed to avoid the production of more than 1,000,000 tons of CO2e worldwide since our launch in 2014.Be part of an exciting and growing international adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech.In order to improve our seller experience using Back Market, we are looking for a Seller Support Advisor in our NY office. As a member of the Seller Success Team, you will be responsible for managing requests coming from Sellers through the Seller Support Center.You will be able to contribute to the overall business by leveraging your findings and supporting our sellers across their partnerships with Back Market.Be a part of the movement. Join the refurb’ revolution! YOUR MISSION: 🥇
- You will be responsible for managing all requests coming from our Sellers through our FAQ and Seller Support Center.
- Respond to seller queries in a timely and accurate way, via email or chat.
- Identify needs and help them use specific features. You play a key role in educating our seller base.
- Be a mediator between all stakeholders and sellers by adapting your answers to the needs of each seller. All sellers must be given the same information, but you need to be able to identify them and adapt accordingly.
- Communicate in a clear and concise way.
- Analyze and report product malfunctions (for example, by testing different scenarios or impersonating users).
- Update our internal databases with information about technical issues and useful discussions with our sellers.
- Inform sellers about new features and functionalities.
- Assist content managers in improving our FAQ, aiming to reduce the overall contact rate by providing qualitative self-help to our sellers.
- Follow up to ensure their technical issues are resolved.
- Gather feedback and share with our Product, Sales, and Marketing teams.
- You are a native English speaker. Fluency in French, Spanish, German, or Chinese is a plus!
- You have experience as a Customer Support Specialist or similar CS role (preferably in a B2B environment).
- You have a strong understanding of the e-commerce and retail environment, and what will lead Back Market to success.
- You understand how CRM software programs work, and you can find your way around ticketing systems.
- You are able to effectively work with multiple stakeholders (Finance, Catalog, Product, Development…).
- You are able to exercise patience and creativity when handling complex challenges.
- You demonstrate empathy and excellent communication skills.
- You are a team player and have a can-do attitude.
- Native English speaker (Mandatory), any other language is a plus, particularly French, Spanish, German, or Chinese.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of important Support KPIs.
- You are tech- and data-savvy.
- You learn new tools quickly and are always tracking down new ways to streamline and gain efficiency.
- You exhibit an extreme attention to detail and meticulous organizational habits.
- Superb listening skills and the proven ability to dig deeper to uncover the seller’s true objectives.
- Time management skills and a strong sense of urgency, ownership, and accountability, you will need to be able to prioritize constantly.
- Orientation toward analytics and process improvement opportunities.
- You are confident in support conversations and can break down complex concepts for anyone to understand.
- You are extremely perceptive and highly emotionally intelligent, making you agile in adapting your approach to any audience and personality.
- Proactive and energetic attitude with the desire to be a key player on a results-oriented team in a fast-paced work environment.
- High level of empathy - it’s important for our Support Advisors to be seen as trustworthy and reliable both internally and externally.
- You are resourceful, scrappy, and creative — if a playbook doesn't exist yet, you are excited to figure it out and build it for the whole team to use.
- U.S. People Manager (30 - 45 min)
- Business Screening - Lead Seller Support (1 hr)
- Internal Stakeholders Interview - Head of Seller Success Hub (1 hr)
- BM Values Sabothire interview - U.S. GM (45 min)
- An attractive salary that comes with equity options, health insurance, paid maternity and parental leave, 401K, commuter benefits, mental health support, and more,
- Flexible working hours and hybrid models that let you choose which days you to work in the office and at home (because work-life balance is an individual right).
- Professional development programs, internal mobility, and the opportunity to make your career what you want it to become.
- A meaningful mission. But also fun. We're serious about changing the landscape of the electronics industry and we like to keep things spicy.
- A booming scale-up: we are rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and in Asia!
- Welcoming, safe, and inclusive working environment where everyone's opinion, differences, and backgrounds are heard and respected.