Senior international Technical SEO
Marketing & Communications, IT
Bordeaux, France · Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of 700 people, powering operations in 17 countries (and counting!).Named one of the World's Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company in 2019 and again in 2021, our mission is simple: empowering people to consume tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact . We have indeed contributed to avoid the production of more than 1,000,000 tons of CO2e worldwide since our launch in 2014.Be part of an exciting and growing international adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech.The role of Senior International Technical SEO requires a high focus on technical expertise and analytics. You will collaborate with both individual team members and our Product/BoT teams, while also having the opportunity to work independently. Your primary objective will be to create a comprehensive and cutting-edge Technical SEO roadmap for our operations across 18 countries.Additionally, you will assume responsibility for managing and advancing our technical SEO stack, including elements such as the BigQuery SEO data lake, SEO Alerting, and Automation.Finally, as a leader in our research and development endeavors, you will incorporate AI methodologies into our practices and engage in daily experimentation to drive innovation. YOUR MISSION (IF YOU ACCEPT IT): 🥇
- Taking complete ownership of technical SEO analysis and monitoring, encompassing aspects such as website crawling, log analysis, and internal linking automation.
- Establishing and sustaining a well-defined roadmap for technical SEO, ensuring its clarity and relevance.
- Collaborating closely with our Product team to effectively implement the technical SEO roadmap and effectively track it's performance.
- Managing and advancing our technical SEO stack, which includes data mining, alerting systems, automation tools, and other relevant resources.
- Exploring the integration of AI and innovative approaches within the realm of SEO.
- Participating in weekly progress meetings to discuss global strategies and sharing valuable insights with the team.
- At least 5 years of experience in technical SEO-focused, ideally in an e-commerce platform
- Perfect understanding of crawling and indexing mechanisms (process and tools)
- Excellent communicator, able to popularize complex technical topics
- Experience leading multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in analyzing, interpreting, and effectively communicating data in a meaningful manner.
- Ability to learn, adapt, and work quickly in a dynamic environment
- Proficiency in using SEO tools (Search Console, GA, Oncrawl, Botify, Ahrefs, Semrush...)
- Working knowledge of Python is a valuable asset
- A meaningful job: you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- A meaningful company: we became a mission-driven company in January 2022.
- Be part of a worldwide growing company based in Europe, the USA and Asia to face great challenges : you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Work alongside passionate experts: who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow in your career.
- Grow your career: with a flexible career path and a dedicated Learning & Development team. Back Market will help you evolve with personalized internal trainings and external handpicked providers from day 1!
- Leadership Academy by Back Market:“be a coach not a dictator” is at the core of this program ! We train and enable all our leaders to support their team towards achieving goals. Be a manager at Back Market is an unique experience we take by heart.
- An attractive salary, equity and a host of benefits including : Lunch voucher, health insurance, relocation package, paid time off for activism in your community, parental benefits, flexible hours, etc…
- Remote friendly company : up to 3 days of remote work per week!
- One Loving Tribe: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
- Be part of one of our Employee Resource Groups createdaround shared identities, common backgrounds and/or special interests crafted to be a safe space and an expressive outlet.
- Several internal events: The Monday Brief (weekly)/ The Somehands (monthly)/ The All Hands (annual).
- We’re here to SABOTAGE: It’s our mantra. It keeps us focused on what we aspire to be: a little bit sneaky, always smart, kinda frugal and constantly conspiring to create maximum impact.