Senior SRE - Site Reliability Engineer (Open to full remote in FR/ES)
Posted on Monday, September 4, 2023
Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of 700 people, powering operations in 17 countries (and counting!).Named one of the World's Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company in 2019 and again in 2021, our mission is simple: empowering people to consume tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact . We have indeed contributed to avoid the production of more than 1,000,000 tons of CO2e worldwide since our launch in 2014.Be part of an exciting and growing international adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech.Senior Site Reliability EngineerThe SRE team within the platform tribe at Back Market is tasked with ensuring the stability and performance of our services. Your main responsibility will be to help our feature teams with incident management, architectural design decisions and reliability reviews based on SLO & DORA metrics.To fulfill these tasks, we sometimes embed ourselves within feature teams, build reusable tooling, deep dive into low-level investigations or introduce new patterns and processes. We are viewed as reliability and observability experts, we like to coach other engineers as well as provide 101-level overviews to large communities. To know more about our Bureau of Technology (BoT), composed today of about 300 people, you can consult :A video of our Senior VP of engineering: https://urlz.fr/kyX6Our company purpose: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1z5CafhGbMOur engineering blog: https://urlz.fr/kyX8 As a Senior SRE you will:
- Take ownership of complex issues related to performance, reliability, and scalability, from idea inception to production including all required technical & organizational improvements
- Help our feature teams to be in full control of their services’ stability and performance
- Participate in the production lifecycle (incident/change management / on-call)
- Push and rollout reliability patterns such as graceful degradation, and cascading failures prevention
- Help teams to be autonomous in load testing, chaos testing, SLO design and others, via:
- Building reusable tooling
- Participating in campaigns
- Proven experience in a similar role with:
- Cloud provider (bonus: GCP)
- Datadog (or similar)
- Familiarity with microservice design principles and reliability patterns
- Have proficiency in at least one programming language (Python, Go, Bash, etc.)
- Willingness to participate in on-call rotation, on occasion
- Good communication skills (spoken & written), willingness to guide cross-team efforts (bonus: spoke at public presentations)
- A meaningful job: you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- A meaningful company: we became a mission-driven company in January 2022.
- Be part of a worldwide growing company based in Europe, the USA and Asia to face great challenges : you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Work alongside passionate experts: who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow in your career.
- Grow your career: with a flexible career path and a dedicated Learning & Development team. Back Market will help you evolve with personalized internal trainings and external handpicked providers from day 1!
- Leadership Academy by Back Market:“be a coach not a dictator” is at the core of this program ! We train and enable all our leaders to support their team towards achieving goals. Be a manager at Back Market is an unique experience we take by heart.
- An attractive salary, equity and a host of benefits including : Lunch voucher, health insurance, relocation package, paid time off for activism in your community, parental benefits, flexible hours, etc…
- One Loving Tribe: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
- Be part of one of our Employee Resource Groups createdaround shared identities, common backgrounds and/or special interests crafted to be a safe space and an expressive outlet.
- Several internal events: The Monday Brief (weekly)/ The Somehands (monthly)/ The All Hands (annual).
- We’re here to SABOTAGE: It’s our mantra. It keeps us focused on what we aspire to be: a little bit sneaky, always smart, kinda frugal and constantly conspiring to create maximum impact.