Data Scientist / Economist - Marketing Analytics
Marketing & Communications, Data Science
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2023
Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of 700 people, powering operations in 17 countries (and counting!).Named one of the World's Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company in 2019 and again in 2021, our mission is simple: empowering people to consume tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact . We have indeed contributed to avoid the production of more than 1,000,000 tons of CO2e worldwide since our launch in 2014.Be part of an exciting and growing international adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech.As an expert on all things that relate to media incrementality, and measurement methodologies, you will be part of our Marketplace Analytics team supporting strategic decisions to maximize the growth and profitability of our marketplace. YOUR MISSION (IF YOU ACCEPT IT): 🏅
- Build measurement plans for marketing campaigns (brand & performance) to understand their incremental impact (e.g. conversion lift tests) and bring to surface key insights to optimize their impact
- Use sophisticated modeling techniques such as causal inference to analyze campaign results and report the media effectiveness across all stakeholder groups
- Drive budget allocation across multi marketing channels
- Collaborate with expert partners such as Google, Meta, TikTok to design state of the art experiments
- Develop processes to ensure all stakeholders align and understand how we determine marketing campaign success
- Work closely with internal collaborators including Marketing, Finance, Country General Managers to develop marketing strategies based on your insights
- Liaising with the top management, casting light on the best possible strategy levers to increase our marketing efficiency, connecting marketing & finance teams on a regular basis
- Be a key driver of marketing strategy, by thinking beyond immediate analysis to understand the long-term implications of actions
- 5-8+ years of relevant industry experience working in digital marketing (e.g., Google Analytics, Performance Incrementality, Multi Touch Attribution) and a degree (Masters or PhD) in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Science, Operations Research)
- Experience as a marketing analyst using statistical techniques (e.g., hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, significance testing)
- Experience in campaign brand lift measurement and using problem solving insights to guide media planning
- Experience partnering with internal teams to drive action and providing expertise and direction on analytics, experimental design, and measurement
- Strong knowledge of SQL, Python/R and statistics
- Advanced experimentation experience including causal analysis
- Experience in marketplaces and growth are a plus
- Recruiter Interview with Julien, Talent Acquisition Manager
- Technical interview and case study with Christophe, Head of Analytics
- Business Interview with Marketing Directors
- Final Back Market Value Interview
- A meaningful job: you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- A meaningful company: we became a mission-driven company in January 2022.
- Be part of a worldwide growing company based in Europe, the USA and Asia to face great challenges : you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Work alongside passionate experts: who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow in your career.
- Grow your career: with a flexible career path and a dedicated Learning & Development team. Back Market will help you evolve with personalized internal trainings and external handpicked providers from day 1!
- Leadership Academy by Back Market:“be a coach not a dictator” is at the core of this program ! We train and enable all our leaders to support their team towards achieving goals. Be a manager at Back Market is an unique experience we take by heart.
- An attractive salary, equity and a host of benefits including : Lunch voucher, health insurance, relocation package, paid time off for activism in your community, parental benefits, flexible hours, etc…
- Remote friendly company : up to 3 days of remote work per week!
- One Loving Tribe: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
- Be part of one of our Employee Resource Groups createdaround shared identities, common backgrounds and/or special interests crafted to be a safe space and an expressive outlet.
- Several internal events: The Monday Brief (weekly)/ The Somehands (monthly)/ The All Hands (annual).
- We’re here to SABOTAGE: It’s our mantra. It keeps us focused on what we aspire to be: a little bit sneaky, always smart, kinda frugal and constantly conspiring to create maximum impact.