Senior Product Manager
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2023
Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of 700 people, powering operations in 17 countries (and counting!).Named one of the World's Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company in 2019 and again in 2021, our mission is simple: empowering people to consume tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact . We have indeed contributed to avoid the production of more than 1,000,000 tons of CO2e worldwide since our launch in 2014.Be part of an exciting and growing international adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech. About the Job:Last year, Back Market launched a brand new service called ‘’Customer Care by Back Market’’ to bridge the gap with the new tech market and provide a proper refurbished experience to customers.Today we are looking for an experienced Product Manager to build innovation within that new service in collaboration with our engineers, product designers and business teams. The main mission is to create new optimized journeys for our army of 600+ customer care agents, while making them fast & efficient. This will require rethinking current interfaces and flows, as well as digging into new technologies including Generative AI (ChatGPT, Bard etc.).New technologies can drastically change and accelerate our Customer Care experience, and you will be in charge of leading these new experimentations.Your key goals will be to improve customer satisfaction by building the right features. Your work will have a tremendous impact - you’ll have a huge autonomy and will collaborate with like-minded people.This role is elligible to remote working. YOUR MISSION (IF YOU ACCEPT IT): 🥇
- You create your squad’s vision, and you are responsible for defining the Northstar metrics and KPIs: it drives the team toward concrete goals and impacts.
- You are the Engineering Manager daily partner: you adjust priorities if needed, and your communication skills and ability to collaborate with engineers ensure our quality standards and commitments are met.
- You are the entry point for all stakeholders to understand the short and long term priorities, and you liaise with them to ensure your product fits perfectly into the Back Market experience (quality teams, supply teams, designer, researchers, etc.).
- The product management skills have no secret for you, you master the discovery steps (link with research, design, data), as well as delivery (testing and QA are part of the game!).
- You communicate clearly and regularly on the risks and impacts of your roadmap and features: you know how to anticipate problems and dependency to ensure a smooth delivery.
- Data is your best friend: data drives your decisions and vision… you never work without data!
- You are fully fluent in english.
- You have a strong Product Manager experience (3-6 years) and you are comfortable working with Product Designers, UX researchers, as well Engineering teams.
- You have product management experience in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) and you are able to shape product discovery and delivery according to agile principles.
- You are a brilliant communicator, your peers define you as a facilitator and leader. Your interpersonal skills will be crucial for that role to build strong relationships with stakeholders and top management.
- You have a problem solver attitude, comfortable navigating ambiguous situations using data and putting the user at the center of all your thoughts.
- You have an analytical mind, and even better, an analytics background. Monitoring our key performance indicators / being able to define targeted increments is part of your daily life. Data is your secret weapon to better frame and measure the quality of our features and increments.
- You use common sense. You have a strategic but simple vision of your product. For you, the product must amplify the value of business expectations.
- A meaningful job: you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- A meaningful company: we became a mission-driven company in January 2022.
- Be part of a worldwide growing company based in Europe, the USA and Asia to face great challenges : you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Work alongside passionate experts: who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow in your career.
- Grow your career: with a flexible career path and a dedicated Learning & Development team. Back Market will help you evolve with personalized internal trainings and external handpicked providers from day 1!
- Leadership Academy by Back Market:“be a coach not a dictator” is at the core of this program ! We train and enable all our leaders to support their team towards achieving goals. Be a manager at Back Market is an unique experience we take by heart.
- An attractive salary, equity and a host of benefits including : Lunch voucher, health insurance, relocation package, paid time off for activism in your community, parental benefits, flexible hours, etc…
- Remote friendly company : up to 3 days of remote work per week!
- One Loving Tribe: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
- Be part of one of our Employee Resource Groups createdaround shared identities, common backgrounds and/or special interests crafted to be a safe space and an expressive outlet.
- Several internal events: The Monday Brief (weekly)/ The Somehands (monthly)/ The All Hands (annual).
- We’re here to SABOTAGE: It’s our mantra. It keeps us focused on what we aspire to be: a little bit sneaky, always smart, kinda frugal and constantly conspiring to create maximum impact.