Global DEI Specialist
Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of 700 people, powering operations in 17 countries (and counting!).
Named one of the World's Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company in 2019 and again in 2021, our mission is simple: empowering people to consume tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact. We have indeed contributed to avoid the production of more than 1,000,000 tons of CO2e worldwide since our launch in 2014.
Be part of an exciting and growing international adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech.
Are you passionate about driving programs that foster an inclusive culture where every individual feels valued and experiences a strong sense of belonging? Are you adept at opening minds, challenging biases, and celebrating identity? If you answered yes to these questions, we have an exciting opportunity that could be a perfect match for you.
We are seeking a Global DEI Specialist to join the People Development arm of our People team at Back Market. The role is responsible for developing and leading global DEI programs that show that Back Market provides a safe and fair environment to all our Back Makers.
YOUR MISSION: 🥇
- Develop and implement a global DEI strategy and roadmap, establish key measures and metrics, and communicate progress towards global goals
- Work hand-in-hand with our L&D team (and other People teams) to build programs & initiatives that ensures our DEI goals are embedded in our career development strategy (onboarding, leadership academy, mentoring program, workshops, etc.)
- Drive the annual Employee Satisfaction Survey, measure employee satisfaction and engagement, and generate concrete action plans to ensure our DEI goals and culture are at the heart of the People strategy.
- Empower and actively involve our ERGs (Employee Resource Groups) to ensure that their feedback and proposals drive meaningful change, fostering a more inclusive culture.
- Engage and inspire Back Makers to embrace and welcome our global unique culture with understanding of cultural differences and local specificities
- Take on the primary responsibility and serve as the Point of Contact for overseeing our safety policies, including those concerning parental engagement, anti-discrimination, and the ethics code.
- Represent and communicate on Back Market’s DEI efforts externally
YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE IF: ⭐
- You have a solid experience at creating and coordinating DEI programs that promote an inclusive and safe work environment
- You have an extensive background at setting up initiatives that encourage career development and engagement
- You have worked in a fast-growing and global environment, with offices around the globe, demonstrating an understanding of cultural differences and their significance in fostering an inclusive workplace
- You have strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with a track record of delivering excellent service and support to your clients and your team
- You have great organizational skills to manage multiple subjects autonomously
- You are outgoing and enthusiastic, excited about being a core member of a rockstar team!
- U.S. People Manager (30 - 45 min)
- Business Screening - Director of People Development (1 hr)
- Internal Stakeholders Interview (1 hr)
- Leadership Interview - Chief People Officer (1 hr)
- BM Values Sabothire interview - U.S. GM & CEO (45 min)
This position has an estimated annual base salary range of $80,000 to $140,000, plus opportunities for equity. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to demonstrated skill set, years and depth of relevant experience, and some role-dependent factors. We welcome direct conversations with each candidate about compensation in all of our initial calls.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US? ✌🏼
- An attractive salary that comes with equity options, health insurance, paid maternity and parental leave, 401K, commuter benefits, mental health support, and more,
- Flexible working hours and hybrid models that let you choose which days you to work in the office and at home (because work-life balance is an individual right).
- Professional development programs, internal mobility, and the opportunity to make your career what you want it to become.
- A meaningful mission. But also fun. We're serious about changing the landscape of the electronics industry and we like to keep things spicy.
- A booming scale-up: we are rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and in Asia!
- Welcoming, safe, and inclusive working environment where everyone's opinion, differences, and backgrounds are heard and respected.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer which means we pledge to not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.. If reasonable accommodations are needed for the interview process, please do not hesitate to discuss this with the Talent Acquisition Team.
Back Market is helping to address one of the biggest challenges of our time: climate change. We take this so seriously that we were awarded status as a “Société à Mission”, or company with a social mission, by the French government. We know we can’t tackle a global problem without a globally representative team so we are committed to embedding diversity, equity and inclusion principles in every aspect of our organization. But more importantly, being One Loving & Free Spirited Tribe is in our DNA as it is one of the five foundational values of our company since we got started way back in 2014. We are committed to hiring and supporting diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We know our lofty goals cannot be reached unless everyone has a seat at the table along with the resources and opportunity to grow.