Senior Marketing Tech and Automation Specialist
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Monday, August 7, 2023
Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of 700 people, powering operations in 17 countries (and counting!).Named one of the World's Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company in 2019 and again in 2021, our mission is simple: empowering people to consume tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact . We have indeed contributed to avoid the production of more than 1,000,000 tons of CO2e worldwide since our launch in 2014.Be part of an exciting and growing international adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech.We are an innovative organization seeking to leverage technology to optimize and automate our marketing efforts. We are currently looking for a Marketing Automation Engineer to enhance our marketing strategies with their coding and analytical skills. YOUR MISSION (IF YOU ACCEPT IT): 🥇
- Serve as a pivotal contributor in our Data organization, bridging the gap between business requirements and our data team's initiatives.
- Challenge and enhance our Marketing Analytics infrastructure (MarTech).
- Oversee Google Tag Manager (GTM) pixel management for various paid media tracking sources.
- Help our teams of experts develop and implement advanced strategies to maximize ROI.
- Use Python and other coding languages to automate repetitive marketing tasks, improving operational efficiency.
- Use AI and machine learning to unlock new business opportunities and drive revenue stream
- Build robust solution to optimize our search campaigns efficiency based on internal factor (such as inventory management)
- Explore and test innovative marketing technologies and approaches, sharing findings with the wider team.
- Collaborate closely with the marketing team to understand challenges and design technology-driven solutions.
- Analyze large datasets to identify trends and insights, using statistical techniques as necessary.
- Present complex findings in an understandable and actionable manner to non-technical team members and stakeholders.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest trends in marketing, automation, and technology to ensure our strategies are current.
- SEO Regression monitoring and Automation: Your remit will include the stewardship of a sophisticated tool designed to autonomously monitor SEO regressions and trigger necessary corrections, ensuring our SEO integrity.
- Identification and Tagging of Non-compliant Imagery: Utilizing Cloud Vision technology, you will contribute significantly to our catalog quality by automating the process of tagging and removing unsuitable images.
- CRM Product Recommendation Enhancement: Leveraging machine learning algorithms, you will design an advanced product recommendation engine to streamline CRM activation, optimizing our customer engagement strategies.
- 4+ years of experience in a dev-marketing or MarTech role
- 3+ years of experience with digital marketing for e-commerce or SaaS brands
- Hard Skills: Digital Marketing Knowledge, Marketing Automation, MarTech, Analytics (tools and methodologies), Business Strategy, Machine Learning, Predictive Modelling, Data Visualisation
- Soft Skills: Analytical Mindset, Self-starter, Impact Focused, Problem-solving, Communication/Collaboration, Project/Time Management
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Marketing, or a related field.
- Proven experience in a similar role, or a role involving the application of coding and automation in a marketing context.
- Strong coding skills, particularly in Python.
- Extensive use of SQL, Python, Cloud Computing
- Knowledge of various marketing platforms and their APIs (Google Ads, Facebook Ads, etc.).
- Familiarity with marketing KPIs and analytics.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- English speaker
- Initial conversation with Hiring Manager
- Technical interview and live case study with Hafid, Director of Organic Growth & Analytics
- Business Interview with Marketing Directors
- Final Back Market Value Interview
- A meaningful job: you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- A meaningful company: we became a mission-driven company in January 2022.
- Be part of a worldwide growing company based in Europe, the USA and Asia to face great challenges : you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Work alongside passionate experts: who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow in your career.
- Grow your career: with a flexible career path and a dedicated Learning & Development team. Back Market will help you evolve with personalized internal trainings and external handpicked providers from day 1!
- Leadership Academy by Back Market:“be a coach not a dictator” is at the core of this program ! We train and enable all our leaders to support their team towards achieving goals. Be a manager at Back Market is an unique experience we take by heart.
- An attractive salary, equity and a host of benefits including : Lunch voucher, health insurance, relocation package, paid time off for activism in your community, parental benefits, flexible hours, etc…
- Remote friendly company : up to 3 days of remote work per week!
- One Loving Tribe: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
- Be part of one of our Employee Resource Groups createdaround shared identities, common backgrounds and/or special interests crafted to be a safe space and an expressive outlet.
- Several internal events: The Monday Brief (weekly)/ The Somehands (monthly)/ The All Hands (annual).
- We’re here to SABOTAGE: It’s our mantra. It keeps us focused on what we aspire to be: a little bit sneaky, always smart, kinda frugal and constantly conspiring to create maximum impact.