Product Designer (Circularity)
Posted on Friday, August 4, 2023
Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of 700 people, powering operations in 17 countries (and counting!).Named one of the World's Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company in 2019 and again in 2021, our mission is simple: empowering people to consume tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact . We have indeed contributed to avoid the production of more than 1,000,000 tons of CO2e worldwide since our launch in 2014.Be part of an exciting and growing international adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech. About the job: We’re looking for a Mid-level Product Designer to join us in the Circularity team to make Back Market the most successful destination for giving a new life to old tech.Within this scope, you will partner with a Senior Product Designer to make sure both customers and professional refurbishers can get what they want, with the little touch that makes it unique to Back Market.This position is perfect if you love the details of design, can effortlessly demonstrate design autonomy within a cross functional team, and are looking for an opportunity to challenge your continued growth. YOUR MISSION (IF YOU ACCEPT IT): 🏅
- Designing how customers trade in their old tech and how professional refurbishers buy it off them
- Contribute to the roadmapping, advocating for the right approach, and execution to ensure a best in class customer experience
- Collaborating with user researchers to bring clarity to ambiguous problems with relevant customer insights, and consulting quantitative and qualitative data to inform your design decisions
- Partnering with product managers and engineers
- Advocating for and trying your hand out at facilitating design methods and tools to help your team deliver solutions that actually work for our customers and refurbishers
- You are perfectly fluent in english.
- You think about interfaces not as static pixels but as dynamic experiences and can express yourself with motion, flows, and stories.
- You demonstrate knowledge in design methods and craft. You have examples where you contributed a successful impact.
- You have your ear to the ground regarding new tools and technologies that help our work become more effective and efficient.
- You can contribute inclusive design practices and you are comfortable in voicing your opinion.
- You have an attention to detail regarding edge cases, hierarchy, and accessibility.
- You are inherently curious, you proactively explore different solutions, you are idealistic but you challenge the status quo responsibility and can always find the middle ground.
- You are interested in revenue-driven products, and would like to contribute to growing our products and services.
- You are comfortable designing a global product with local specificities.
- Experience designing for B2C and B2B
- Experience working with mobile engineers, knowledge of Apple and Android design specificities/guidelines
- Experience contributing to a design system
- A meaningful job: you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- A meaningful company: we became a mission-driven company in January 2022.
- Be part of a worldwide growing company based in Europe, the USA and Asia to face great challenges : you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Work alongside passionate experts: who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow in your career.
- Grow your career: with a flexible career path and a dedicated Learning & Development team. Back Market will help you evolve with personalized internal trainings and external handpicked providers from day 1!
- Leadership Academy by Back Market:“be a coach not a dictator” is at the core of this program ! We train and enable all our leaders to support their team towards achieving goals. Be a manager at Back Market is an unique experience we take by heart.
- An attractive salary, equity and a host of benefits including : Lunch voucher, health insurance, relocation package, paid time off for activism in your community, parental benefits, flexible hours, etc…
- Remote friendly company : up to 3 days of remote work per week!
- One Loving Tribe: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
- Be part of one of our Employee Resource Groups createdaround shared identities, common backgrounds and/or special interests crafted to be a safe space and an expressive outlet.
- Several internal events: The Monday Brief (weekly)/ The Somehands (monthly)/ The All Hands (annual).
- We’re here to SABOTAGE: It’s our mantra. It keeps us focused on what we aspire to be: a little bit sneaky, always smart, kinda frugal and constantly conspiring to create maximum impact.