Posted on Sunday, July 30, 2023
Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of 700 people, powering operations in 17 countries (and counting!).Named one of the World's Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company in 2019 and again in 2021, our mission is simple: empowering people to consume tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact . We have indeed contributed to avoid the production of more than 1,000,000 tons of CO2e worldwide since our launch in 2014.Be part of an exciting and growing international adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech. Our engineering department, the Bureau of TechnologyRepresenting a third of our overall team, the Bureau of Technology is structured around some concepts introduced by the foundational “ Spotify model ”: Squads, Tribes, and Chapters.Spread across 5 tribes, the ~20 Product squads are the cross-functional, autonomous teams building and operating services to deliver value to customers and suppliers. They are grouped in tribes addressing a common theme. These Product squads are supported by the ~10 Platform squads which address the cross-cutting challenges, as well as the CyberSecurity team.As a Backend engineer, you will work closely with all members of your squad, and the Staff engineer of your tribe. Bi-monthly rituals with your tribe and the Backend Chapter will allow you to share what works for your squad, learn what works for others, and make sure your technical direction is aligned with the overall vision. To know more about our Tech team, composed today of about 300 people, you can consult :A videos of our VP of Engineering : https://urlz.fr/kyX6Our Career Site : https://jobs.backmarket.com/Some articles written by member of the BoT : https://urlz.fr/kyX8 Main technical challengesBack Market, as an e-commerce platform, is composed of lots of different functional parts, each being owned by a particular squad.As an Experienced Backend Engineer , you will face the following challenges:
- understanding the general architecture of the system
- quickly grasping the organizational structure of the company
- being able to scope possible solutions for new features requested by the Product Manager
- offer pragmatic solutions and use a critical mind when discussing implementations
- Working autonomously on development tasks within the team's application or service
- Delivering high-quality code on time
- Demonstrating professional collaboration with teammates and peers
- Being autonomous within the squad's technical scope
- A meaningful job: you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- A meaningful company: we became a mission-driven company in January 2022.
- Be part of a worldwide growing company based in Europe, the USA and Asia to face great challenges : you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Work alongside passionate experts: who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow in your career.
- Grow your career: with a flexible career path and a dedicated Learning & Development team. Back Market will help you evolve with personalized internal trainings and external handpicked providers from day 1!
- Leadership Academy by Back Market:“be a coach not a dictator” is at the core of this program ! We train and enable all our leaders to support their team towards achieving goals. Be a manager at Back Market is an unique experience we take by heart.
- An attractive salary, equity and a host of benefits including : Lunch voucher, health insurance, relocation package, paid time off for activism in your community, parental benefits, flexible hours, etc…
- One Loving Tribe: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
- Be part of one of our Employee Resource Groups createdaround shared identities, common backgrounds and/or special interests crafted to be a safe space and an expressive outlet.
- Several internal events: The Monday Brief (weekly)/ The Somehands (monthly)/ The All Hands (annual).
- We’re here to SABOTAGE: It’s our mantra. It keeps us focused on what we aspire to be: a little bit sneaky, always smart, kinda frugal and constantly conspiring to create maximum impact.