Senior iOS Engineer II - Mobile Core
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2023
Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of 700 people, powering operations in 17 countries (and counting!).Named one of the World's Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company in 2019 and again in 2021, our mission is simple: empowering people to consume tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact . We have indeed contributed to avoid the production of more than 1,000,000 tons of CO2e worldwide since our launch in 2014.Be part of an exciting and growing international adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech.The Mobile Core squad in Platform TribeAt Back Market, we are strongly inspired by developing a great m-commerce app, with an optimized and advanced user experience. We want to go further than just display products as a marketplace and we have exciting ambitions and features to bring to our users in our mobile app for the upcoming years.With the growth of iOS engineers at Back Market,we need to continue making our iOS & Android platforms efficient & scalable. To reinforce this vision, we created the Mobile Core squad in our Platform Tribe. Our mission is to improve the mobile developer experience, by providing and delivering high standards, quality, automated processes, and tooling . All mobile engineers are also invited to contribute to technical & core projects across squads.We have two pillars in Mobile Core:
- Build & scale strong App’s Foundations (architecture, iOS developer experience tools, shared components)
- Elevate & accelerate our App’s Infrastructure (CI/CD pipelines, release train, QoS, app performance, quality & profiling).
- challenging and updating the app foundations: architecture & modules
- internal dev tooling (scripts & hidden features)
- improving the release process (CI/CD, release train automation)
- contributing to our Design System foundations & tooling
- facilitating technical initiatives with other mobile engineers within the chapter
- Experience: More than 10 years of iOS engineering experience, including releasing apps on the App Store with high traffic (B2C), making significant contributions to GitHub repositories
- Technical Advocacy: Effectively advocating for technical initiatives to stakeholders and acting as a spokesperson for the chapter/trib, and mentoring senior engineers.
- Design Thinking: Ability to design code through technical conception before development, ensuring robust and efficient solutions.
- SOLID Principles: Understanding and applying SOLID principles while recognizing the importance of simplicity (KISS).
- Swift & iOS Adoption: Curiosity and proactiveness in implementing new Swift and iOS technologies, such as SwiftUI (migration started in 2022), property wrappers, result builders, and functional programming.
- Architecture & Design Patterns: MVVM-C or similar architectures, multi-modules, and dependency injection.
- Asynchronous code: Concurrent Programming, Thread safety, and race conditions (DispatchQueues & Swift concurrency).
- Testing: Unit and UI testing, by collaborating with QA & iOS Engineers, exploring new E2E testing practices, from native to third-party solutions.
- iOS App Lifecycle & Performance: App launch, app size, memory management, and smooth UI interactions.
- Advanced UI & UX: Interface coding without storyboard files, advanced animations without external libraries.
- Autopilot mindset to accelerate the lead time: Bitrise CI, Fastlane, CI/CD automation (Testflight, Crashlytics, Firebase App Distribution, GitHub Actions, Renovate).
- Phone screen with Yann, Technical recruiter (30 min)
- Technical screening with two mobile engineers (30 minutes)
- iOS technical interview exercise & discussion (1h30)
- Cultural fit with your future manager plus one person from our product/platform engineering team (1h)
- BM value interview with our leadership (45m)
- A meaningful job: you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- A meaningful company: we became a mission-driven company in January 2022.
- Be part of a worldwide growing company based in Europe, the USA and Asia to face great challenges : you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Work alongside passionate experts: who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow in your career.
- Grow your career: with a flexible career path and a dedicated Learning & Development team. Back Market will help you evolve with personalized internal trainings and external handpicked providers from day 1!
- Leadership Academy by Back Market:“be a coach not a dictator” is at the core of this program ! We train and enable all our leaders to support their team towards achieving goals. Be a manager at Back Market is an unique experience we take by heart.
- An attractive salary, equity and a host of benefits including : Lunch voucher, health insurance, relocation package, paid time off for activism in your community, parental benefits, flexible hours, etc…
- One Loving Tribe: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
- Be part of one of our Employee Resource Groups createdaround shared identities, common backgrounds and/or special interests crafted to be a safe space and an expressive outlet.
- Several internal events: The Monday Brief (weekly)/ The Somehands (monthly)/ The All Hands (annual).
- We’re here to SABOTAGE: It’s our mantra. It keeps us focused on what we aspire to be: a little bit sneaky, always smart, kinda frugal and constantly conspiring to create maximum impact.