HR Business Partner APAC
People & HR
Posted on Thursday, July 6, 2023
Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of 700 people, powering operations in 17 countries (and counting!).Named one of the World's Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company in 2019 and again in 2021, our mission is simple: empowering people to consume tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact . We have indeed contributed to avoid the production of more than 1,000,000 tons of CO2e worldwide since our launch in 2014.Be part of an exciting and growing international adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech.We're offering a fantastic career opportunity for a People Manager to join our amazing People team and be in charge of our growing offices in Hong-Kong, Tokyo and Seoul . You’ll be the point of contact for all People matters for our employees in these offices. Your Mission (If You Accept It) 🏅:
- Manage the Talent Acquisition (TA) strategy for our asian offices, including:
- Define and lead the 2023/2024 TA roadmap to attract and hire the talents needed to scale our offices (internal stakeholders collaboration, agencies & partnerships, employer branding, budget, etc.)
- Relentlessly chase the best candidates, owning the candidate pipeline from sourcing to offer stage
- Manage the scheduling and logistics of all interviews between candidates and hiring leaders
- Support the asian offices on all their HR/People related question
- Implement our global People programs, tools & processes by adapting them to local specificities
- Ensure the greatest experience for onboarding our newcomers and throughout their career at BM
- Build strong rapport with Back Makers at all levels of the organization to provide advice, guidance and coaching as needed
- Support, mentor and coach our local leaders in people-related matters
- Identify vendors and establish a trusting relationship with the various HR service suppliers: Lawyer, Payroll
- Share, learn and work hand-to-hand with the People Team to generate the best-in-class People strategy to support our business
- You have a solid experience as an HRBP, an HR Manager or a TA Manager
- You are fluent both in Japanese and English (Mandarin would be an absolute blast)
- You have expertise of the Asian markets (especially HK and Tokyo) in terms of talent attraction and labour law matters
- You have worked in a fast paced environment with offices across the globe
- You have a real commitment to support employees & managers in their daily challenges
- You are organized and able to work on several projects simultaneously and autonomously
- You are outgoing and enthusiastic and can easily adapt to any situation
- You are excited about being the core member of a rockstar People squad!
- Phyu, HRBP
- Axelle, our Director of People Development
- Ryo, our GM APAC
- Alexis, our Director of Growth APAC
- Albane, our Chief People Officer
- A meaningful job: you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- A meaningful company: we became a mission-driven company in January 2022.
- Be part of a worldwide growing company based in Europe, the USA and Asia to face great challenges : you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Work alongside passionate experts: who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow in your career.
- Grow your career: with a flexible career path and a dedicated Learning & Development team. Back Market will help you evolve with personalized internal trainings and external handpicked providers from day 1!
- Leadership Academy by Back Market:“be a coach not a dictator” is at the core of this program ! We train and enable all our leaders to support their team towards achieving goals. Be a manager at Back Market is an unique experience we take by heart.
- An attractive salary, equity and a host of benefits including : Lunch voucher, health insurance, relocation package, paid time off for activism in your community, parental benefits, flexible hours, etc…
- Remote friendly company : up to 3 days of remote work per week!
- One Loving Tribe: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
- Be part of one of our Employee Resource Groups createdaround shared identities, common backgrounds and/or special interests crafted to be a safe space and an expressive outlet.
- Several internal events: The Monday Brief (weekly)/ The Somehands (monthly)/ The All Hands (annual).
- We’re here to SABOTAGE: It’s our mantra. It keeps us focused on what we aspire to be: a little bit sneaky, always smart, kinda frugal and constantly conspiring to create maximum impact.