Head of Accounting
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Sunday, July 2, 2023
Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of 700 people, powering operations in 17 countries (and counting!).Named one of the World's Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company in 2019 and again in 2021, our mission is simple: empowering people to consume tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact . We have indeed contributed to avoid the production of more than 1,000,000 tons of CO2e worldwide since our launch in 2014.Be part of an exciting and growing international adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech. About the job: Back Market is now looking for its next Head of Accounting. Reporting to the Head of Cash, Accounting & Consolidation, the Head of Accounting will coordinate the preparation of annual, half-year, and monthly accounts and ensure a high level of quality in all accounting production. Managing an international team of 6 people and right arm to the Head of Cash, Accounting & Consolidation, she / he will also ensure the continuous improvement of the recently implemented accounting tool and associated processes. YOUR MISSION (IF YOU ACCEPT IT): 🏅
- Manage our accounting at Global level:
- Take part and coordinate the Group’s monthly, half year and annual closing
- Supervise the work of all subsidiaries and liaise with our external local accounting firms Lead on the relationship with our auditorsImprove our accounting tools and processes continuously (automation, billing process, management fees, etc.)
- Get involved into cross-functional projects impacting accounting:
- Lead the Electronic invoicing project
- Support the opening of new countries
- Lead the accounting internalization of subsidiaries
- Partner with the operational teams and cross-functional business partners in the context of new product launches
- Manage a team of 6 people across 3 time zones: EMEA, US and APAC
- You are fluent in english
- You have at least 7 years of experience in audit and / or corporate accounting, which allowed you to come across a number of different situations.
- You have a solid accounting background. IFRS and consolidation knowledge would be great as well !
- You ideally are familiar with Dynamics 365 already
- You love to work in a fast-changing environment. Ideally, you already have a strong experience in a start-up / scale-up, and / or in a marketplace environment
- You are a reliable team player with a strong sense of accountability and ownership
- You are highly organized, motivated, analytical, have a sense of urgency and an ability to prioritize tasks
- You are a hands-on person
- You are agile, pragmatic and a problem solver
- You have an unquestionable credibility and integrity
- A meaningful job: you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- A meaningful company: we became a mission-driven company in January 2022.
- Be part of a worldwide growing company based in Europe, the USA and Asia to face great challenges : you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Work alongside passionate experts: who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow in your career.
- Grow your career: with a flexible career path and a dedicated Learning & Development team. Back Market will help you evolve with personalized internal trainings and external handpicked providers from day 1!
- Leadership Academy by Back Market:“be a coach not a dictator” is at the core of this program ! We train and enable all our leaders to support their team towards achieving goals. Be a manager at Back Market is an unique experience we take by heart.
- An attractive salary, equity and a host of benefits including : Lunch voucher, health insurance, relocation package, paid time off for activism in your community, parental benefits, flexible hours, etc…
- Remote friendly company : up to 3 days of remote work per week!
- One Loving Tribe: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
- Be part of one of our Employee Resource Groups createdaround shared identities, common backgrounds and/or special interests crafted to be a safe space and an expressive outlet.
- Several internal events: The Monday Brief (weekly)/ The Somehands (monthly)/ The All Hands (annual).
- We’re here to SABOTAGE: It’s our mantra. It keeps us focused on what we aspire to be: a little bit sneaky, always smart, kinda frugal and constantly conspiring to create maximum impact.