U.S. Head of Marketing
Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of 700 people, powering operations in 17 countries (and counting!).
Named one of the World's Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company in 2019 and again in 2021, our mission is simple: empowering people to consume tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact. We have indeed contributed to avoid the production of more than 1,000,000 tons of CO2e worldwide since our launch in 2014.
Be part of an exciting and growing international adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech.
As the U.S. Head of Marketing, your primary focus is to provide strategic marketing direction for the country, actively participating in the organization's overall growth strategy, communications, and demand creation. In addition to overseeing brand integrity, you will focus on driving growth by identifying new customer segments, distribution channels, and US-specific programs and by establishing strategic partnerships. Your experience launching new initiatives will be crucial for success in this role. Your goal is to ensure our brand– and our sustainability mission– is relevant, appealing, and drives excitement among the US audience.
YOUR MISSION: 🥇
Marketing Execution and Growth:
- Translate the global marketing strategy into actionable plans specific to the US market.
- Ensure continuous business growth, meeting financial KPI's and objectives.
- Collaborate with the central teams, finance, seller success, product, growth, engagement, and creative studio to define local priorities and develop a marketing plan aligned with sales goals.
- Work closely with the GM of the US to identify and develop partnerships with Telcos, big box retailers, schools and universities, banks, etc. to grow awareness of Back Market's mission and value proposition and access to its products and services..
- Stay up to date with the latest marketing strategies and trends, leveraging market research and insights to drive innovation.
- Monitor and optimize marketing budget allocation based on performance and guidelines.
- Identify opportunities to expand market share and reach new market segments.
Brand Strategy and Management:
- Serve as one of the guardians of the Back Market brand in the US, maintaining brand integrity across all marketing initiatives and communications.
- Develop and refine the value proposition for the US market, aligning with the global marketing strategy.
- As needed, create and execute US-specific communications and media actions on paid and owned channels, ensuring a cohesive look, feel, and tone.
- Foster strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including the central teams, finance, seller success, product, growth, engagement, and creative studio, to implement the marketing plan effectively.
- Support new product and feature launches and identify new business opportunities.
Team Leadership and Management:
- Be a senior leader for Back Market both in the US and within the global marketing team.
- Partner with Product Marketing, Product, Sellers, and Care, especially in the US.
- Monitor team goals and ensure their effective execution.
- Foster a creative and collaborative environment, encouraging innovative marketing campaigns.
- Plan and manage budgets efficiently, demonstrating strong financial acumen.
- Prioritize tasks, delegate responsibilities, and provide clear guidance to team members.
- Exhibit excellent leadership, project management, and communication skills.
- Demonstrate strong analytical abilities, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask effectively.
YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE IF: ⭐
- Proven experience in successfully launching new verticals/initiatives and cultivating strategic brand partnerships.
- Can analyze growth areas and make recommendations for ROI-positive programs and investments.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or related field.
- Hands-on experience in developing and executing prolific marketing campaigns.
- Creativity and an innovative mindset to drive brand growth and differentiation.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage budgets effectively.
- Excellent leadership skills and a track record of successful project management.
- Proactive, goal-oriented, and exceptional communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills to monitor performance and drive data-driven decision-making.
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver results.
- Passion for sustainability and championing the circular economy.
- Experience in a retail or e-commerce brand preferred.
This position has an estimated annual base salary range of $135,000 to $186,000, plus opportunities for equity. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to demonstrated skill set, years and depth of relevant experience, and some role-dependent factors. We welcome direct conversations with each candidate about compensation in all of our initial calls.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US? ✌🏼
- An attractive salary that comes with equity options, health insurance, paid maternity and parental leave, 401K, commuter benefits, mental health support, and more,
- Flexible working hours and hybrid models that let you choose which days you to work in the office and at home (because work-life balance is an individual right).
- Professional development programs, internal mobility, and the opportunity to make your career what you want it to become.
- A meaningful mission. But also fun. We're serious about changing the landscape of the electronics industry and we like to keep things spicy.
- A booming scale-up: we are rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and in Asia!
- Welcoming, safe, and inclusive working environment where everyone's opinion, differences, and backgrounds are heard and respected.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer which means we pledge to not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.. If reasonable accommodations are needed for the interview process, please do not hesitate to discuss this with the Talent Acquisition Team.
Back Market is helping to address one of the biggest challenges of our time: climate change. We take this so seriously that we were awarded status as a “Société à Mission”, or company with a social mission, by the French government. We know we can’t tackle a global problem without a globally representative team so we are committed to embedding diversity, equity and inclusion principles in every aspect of our organization. But more importantly, being One Loving & Free Spirited Tribe is in our DNA as it is one of the five foundational values of our company since we got started way back in 2014. We are committed to hiring and supporting diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We know our lofty goals cannot be reached unless everyone has a seat at the table along with the resources and opportunity to grow.