Head of Consumer Products
We are looking to build our Consumer Products business by bringing in a Director/Senior Director, Global Licensing & Merchandising, who will lead and manage licensing and merchandising for all categories and across all of our brands globally.
It is a great opportunity to work for an exciting company on the fast track to becoming an industry leader in the kids’ entertainment business. The individual will be responsible for providing input on the category strategy, account management of all category licensees, and ensuring we are on track to meet & exceed revenue targets and growth objectives as well as aligning on the collective goals of the organization. Identify prospective partners, close deals, negotiate favorable terms, and expand the business by identifying white space in the defined product categories.
This position is preferably based in Paris but could potentially be in London or Madrid, and will report to the SVP, Global Distribution and Consumer Products.
Strategic Planning & Revenue Growth:
- Collaborate with the SVP, Global Distribution & CP, to develop and execute short and long-term licensing strategies, aiming to meet and exceed budget targets for Animaj brands across all categories.
- Identify industry trends, white space opportunities, and new product innovation/expansion to grow the business.
- Research markets and categories and identify white space and business opportunities in all categories across the brand portfolio. Source prospective partners and conduct due diligence and analysis of markets, categories, proposals, business plans, and financial commitments.
- Analyze account performance and set growth goals that are aligned with the overarching Consumer Products plans. Conduct regular business meetings with licensees to provide brand updates, and discuss current performance, retail placement, areas of improvement, and opportunities for growth.
Deal Negotiation & Partner Management
- Negotiate & manage local, regional, and global direct licensing deals with the aim to maximize Animaj business opportunities
- Develop specific plans to create, and deliver the right product assortment for our diverse consumers. Bring new partners that can help increase both revenues and awareness of Animaj brands and characters in key priority markets.
- Manage relationships with all key Representative Agents & direct Licensees and handle all aspects of account management that can be leveraged from a revenue, marketing, social and PR perspective, while managing and delivering assigned financial targets as well as ensuring all rights are being exploited/maximized continually strengthening our licensee base.
Product & Market Development
- Partner with the Creative teams to generate fresh and innovative ideas to develop DTR, collab, brand experience and co-branding opportunities, for brand streaching and ensure we are putting forth competitive and high-quality products in all instances that accurately represents the DNA of each specific brand.
- Implement a Retail Business Development strategy with key retailers in strategic markets with the aim to ensure best possible listing to our licensees and retail promotions to support our brand.
- Work cross-functionally and closely collaborate with other internal teams including Brand Management, Distribution, Legal and Finance to share information and develop business opportunities on a broader scale.
Financial Oversight & Reporting
- Liaise with Finance on forecasting and collection of royalty reports and payments from licensees due under licensing agreements.
- Other duties as assigned.