Remote · Lancaster, OH, USA · United Kingdom
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
We Are Redefining How People Approach Their Health
ZOE is combining scientific research at a scale never before imagined and cutting-edge AI to improve the health of millions.
Created by the world’s top scientists, our personalised nutrition program is radically reimagining a fundamental human need – eating well for your own body. Currently available in the US and the UK, having generated a waitlist of over 300,000, ZOE is already helping tens of thousands of ZOE members adopt healthier habits and achieve their goals.
We are also the team behind the popular COVID Symptom Study, which played a critical role in the fight against COVID in the UK and has now expanded to become the ZOE Health Study (ZHS). ZHS uses the power of community science to conduct large-scale research from the comfort of contributors’ homes to understand health and prevent disease. Our collective work and expertise in biology, engineering, data science, and nutrition science has led to multiple breakthrough papers in leading scientific journals such as Nature Medicine, Science, The Lancet, and more.
A remote-first, well-funded startup, we are backed by founders, investors, and entrepreneurs who have built multi-billion dollar technology companies. We are always looking for innovative thinkers and doers to join our team on a thrilling mission to tackle epic health problems that span the globe. Together, we can improve human health and touch millions of lives.
We value inclusivity, transparency, ownership, open-mindedness and diversity. We are passionate about delivering great results and learning in the open. We want our teams to have the freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions, and the well-being of our teammates and the people around us is a top priority.
About the role
We are searching for a Product Director to lead the product teams dedicated to our testing experience, test results, operations, coaching and customer service products. You’ll help members get the most from the test experience, learn about their biology, bust diet myths and scale ZOE.
What you’ll do:
- Set a clear, ambitious, and focused strategy for your area, enabling your group of teams to act swiftly and make a positive impact on our members. Communicate this strategy clearly to gain buy-in from across the organisation, inspiring trust and support.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of customer needs across various segments and use cases, utilising research and customer insights to generate maximum value, empathy and anticipate product opportunities.
- Lead teams to tackle the most impactful problems and think big, resulting in an industry defining, coherent customer journey. Encourage and guide teams to embrace ambitious ideas and think beyond their comfort zone. Support teams to find creative ways to ship frequently, even in the presence of intricate dependencies.
- Raise the bar for high performance within the product team by providing effective coaching and timely feedback to assist the PMs you support in their professional growth and success, both in achieving their quarterly goals and advancing in their careers.
- Help create a culture in which product managers can do the most impactful work of their careers. Identify and acting on opportunities to improve the product development culture.
- Serve as a player-coach when necessary, diving in and lending your support in business-critical projects.
We think this role would be a great fit if…
- You are an experienced, hands-on product leader with experience building products as a product manager or a founder.
- Experience line managing multiple PMs across a broad scope.
- You have successfully launched a significant B2C product and have the "campfire stories" to share about both your successes and failures.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and coach Product Managers in order to effectively lead high-performing product teams. As a skilled coach, you understand how to apply situational leadership principles.
- Are customer-focused at heart. Our members come first, so you need to be excited about helping our members and delivering on our mission to improve the health of millions.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, where you and your teams are set and held accountable to highly ambitious goals.
- You have a "whatever-it-takes" attitude when it comes to making your team and product area successful. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and dive in, doing whatever it takes to make an impact today.
- You are fluent in research and data and can guide your PMs on when to experiment versus when to use customer insight and conviction.
- Collaboration and communication are your strong suits. You're a natural storyteller.
- You have a strong passion for learning, continually seeking opportunities for personal growth and increasing your impact.
These are the ideal skills, attributes, and experience we’re looking for in this role. Don’t worry if you don’t tick all the boxes, especially on the skills and experience front, we’re happy to upskill for the right candidate.
Life as a ZOEntist – what you can expect from us:
As well as industry-benchmarked compensation and all the hardware and software you need, we offer a thoughtfully-curated list of benefits. We expect this list to evolve as we continue supporting our team members’ long-term personal and professional growth, and their wellbeing.
Remote-first: Work flexibly – from home, our London office, or anywhere within the EU
Stock options: So you can share in our growth
Paid time off: 28 days paid leave (25 holiday days, plus 2 company-wide reset days, and 1 “life event” day)
Enhanced Parental Leave: On top of the statutory offering
Flexible private healthcare and life assurance options
Pension contribution: Pay monthly or top up – your choice.
Health and wellbeing: Like our Employee Assistance Program and Cycle to Work Scheme
Social, WFH, and Growth (L&D) budgets. Plus, multiple opportunities to connect, grow, and socialise
We’re all about equal opportunities
We know that a successful team is made up of diverse people, able to be their authentic selves. To continue growing our team in the best way, we believe that equal opportunities matter, so we encourage candidates from any underrepresented backgrounds to apply for this role. You can view our Equal Opportunities statement in full here.
A closer look at ZOE Think you’ve heard our name somewhere before? We were the team behind the COVID Symptom Study, which has since become the ZOE Health Study (ZHS). We use the power of community science to conduct large-scale research from the comfort of contributors’ own homes. Our collective work and expertise in biology, engineering, and data/nutrition science have led to multiple breakthrough papers in leading scientific journals such as Nature Medicine, Science, The Lancet, and more.
Seen ZOE in the media recently? Catch our co-founder Professor Tim Spector (one of the world’s most cited scientists) and our Chief Scientist Dr Sarah Berry on this BBC Panorama, and listen to CEO Jonathan Wolf unpack the latest in science and nutrition on our ZOE podcast.
Oh, and if you’re wondering why ZOE? It translates to “Life” in Greek, which we’re helping ZOE members enjoy to the fullest.