Senior Data Analyst - Growth & Customer Engagement
IT, Customer Service, Sales & Business Development, Data Science
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2023
Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of 700 people, powering operations in 17 countries (and counting!).Named one of the World's Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company in 2019 and again in 2021, our mission is simple: empowering people to consume tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact . We have indeed contributed to avoid the production of more than 1,000,000 tons of CO2e worldwide since our launch in 2014.Be part of an exciting and growing international adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech.As a senior data analyst, you will be part of our Analytics & Insight team supporting marketing and country general managers to drive growth and customer engagement. YOUR MISSION (IF YOU ACCEPT IT): 🏅
- Conduct deep dive analysis on our sales performance in our top countries across dimensions (pricing, demand, competition …) to identify growth opportunities
- Conduct deep dive analysis on our client long term value (LTV) to identify and monitor the high value actions in which we should invest in to drive customer engagement in the long term
- Analyze & monitor our client services performance (insurance, new batteries …) to optimize our offers and better serve our customers
- Be an active contributor to the strategy, by thinking beyond immediate analysis to understand the long-term implications of actions
- Collaborate closely with business & top management : supporting their needs, sharing your analysis & recommendations in an impactful way to get their buy-in
- 5-8+ years of relevant industry experience (ecommerce, retail, marketplace…)
- You possess a good balance of statistical/technical skills, business acumen, and communication skills
- Experience partnering with internal teams to drive action and providing expertise and direction on analytics
- Strong knowledge of SQL, Python is a plus
- Experience in marketplaces and growth are a plus
- Interview with Julien, Talent Acquisition Manager
- Tech Interview with two Senior Data Analyst from the Marketplace Analytics Team
- Team Fit interview with Christophe, Head of Analytics & Insights
- Final Back Market Values fit interview
- A meaningful job: you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- A meaningful company: we became a mission-driven company in January 2022.
- Be part of a worldwide growing company based in Europe, the USA and Asia to face great challenges : you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Work alongside passionate experts: who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow in your career.
- Grow your career: with a flexible career path and a dedicated Learning & Development team. Back Market will help you evolve with personalized internal trainings and external handpicked providers from day 1!
- Leadership Academy by Back Market:“be a coach not a dictator” is at the core of this program ! We train and enable all our leaders to support their team towards achieving goals. Be a manager at Back Market is an unique experience we take by heart.
- An attractive salary, equity and a host of benefits including : Lunch voucher, health insurance, relocation package, paid time off for activism in your community, parental benefits, flexible hours, etc…
- Remote friendly company : up to 3 days of remote work per week!
- One Loving Tribe: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
- Be part of one of our Employee Resource Groups createdaround shared identities, common backgrounds and/or special interests crafted to be a safe space and an expressive outlet.
- Several internal events: The Monday Brief (weekly)/ The Somehands (monthly)/ The All Hands (annual).
- We’re here to SABOTAGE: It’s our mantra. It keeps us focused on what we aspire to be: a little bit sneaky, always smart, kinda frugal and constantly conspiring to create maximum impact.