Technical Designer (Bras and Intimates)
Who We Are:
Adore Me is a disruptive e-commerce startup revolutionizing the fashion industry by creating inclusive intimates, and now extending our product range to many more categories.
Founded in 2012, Adore Me has grown to be a team of 300+ employees across the U.S. and Europe, with revenues exponentially growing from $1M in 2012 to $110M in 2019 and above $250M in 2022! Our rapid growth is a testament of our team’s mindset: dedicated, creative, results-oriented, data-driven, and always challenging each other to grow and innovate.
Check-out our 2021 review on embrace.adoreme.com/2021/ to know more about what a year looks like for us.
Bonus: we’ve just received the B-Corp certification, showing our
commitment to a better and sustainable future.
We are seeking an experienced Technical Designer specializing in bras to join our team with an understanding of intimates and sleepwear construction and fit. As a Technical Designer, you will take responsibility for the development of new styles and recurring best sellers. Ensure garment consistency across product categories, analyze and communicate with vendors to meet highest standards of fit, comfort, and quality.
- Conducting and overseeing fittings from proto to approval stage.
- Garment construction and analysis, pattern making, size grade rules alpha and numeric sizes.
- Collaborate with the design team to create bra & panty concepts and construction sketches and preliminary specs for tech packs.
- Partner with vendors to resolve issues and articulate technical specifications.
- Evaluate samples to ensure they meet construction, grading/tolerances, and quality assurance requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product development, production, and quality assurance, to ensure smooth execution of product development from concept to production.
- Stay updated on industry trends, new technologies, and innovations in bra design and construction.
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior technical designers, sharing your expertise and knowledge.
- The ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment, adjust to changing priorities and process improvements.
- Communicate clearly and concisely.
- Accountable for adhering to all processes, procedures and standards.
- Meet all assigned dates and deadlines in the Adore Me product development calendar.
- Respond quickly & positively to change with a willingness to learn new processes.
Qualifications for the Position
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design or related field.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience as a Technical Designer, with a specialization in bras.
- Strong knowledge of bra & intimates construction, fit, and pattern making with knowledge of sleepwear preferred.
- Must have knowledge of digital pattern making software.
- Proficient in Illustrator and PLM knowledge.
- Basic computer skills such as google drive, gmail, word, excel in Microsoft Windows.
- Detail-oriented with a keen eye for fit and quality.
- Organization skills and ability to multitask.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions under pressure.
- Knowledge of industry regulations and standards related to bras and intimate apparel.
- Ability to use 3D software like Browzwear or CLO3D is a bonus.
A Little More to Know…
- This position is classified as full-time salaried; it is exempt and it is not eligible for overtime; This position is eligible for standard company benefits.
- This position is required to maintain a structured hybrid work schedule Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays in office, Wednesday and Friday remote.
- This position may require some domestic and international travel.
- This position is expected to collaborate effectively with other individuals in alignment with our Core Values and Core Leadership Qualities.
- This position is reviewed manually.
Apply now with your resume and portfolio showcasing your technical design expertise in bras.
Adore Me is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status and or any other protected category recognized by the state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.