Title: MANAGER OF ACCOUNTING
Having completed its acquisition by Victoria’s Secret & Co. (NYSE: VSCO) last
December, Adore Me is hiring an experienced, self-motivated, and strategic Manager
of Accounting to play a critical role in the development of our Accounting function.
This hybrid role is based at our headquarters in NYC (in-office three days per week)
and will help to build out and enhance our accounting processes, collaborate closely
with key business partners to support growth and strategic decision making, and
support our corporate and public company reporting cadence. Reporting to our
Head of Accounting, this is an opportunity to join and build a growing Accounting
team and work cross-functionally across a wide array of areas within the business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
● Support the month-end close process including reporting, explanation of
variances to management, account reconciliations, and ad hoc analyses.
● Play a key role in the ongoing build out of a best-in-class, public company
caliber, SOX-compliant accounting function, including the development of
key processes and documentation.
● Help shepherd the development of an enterprise-level accounting
infrastructure including implementation of ERP best practices and
implementation of third-party tools.
● Liaise with our public company parent in the coordination of internal
control, audit, monthly reporting, and general process requests.
● Perform technical accounting research to resolve questions as needed.
● Serve as a key cross-functional contact with teams across the company to
drive enhanced financial reporting accuracy and corporate strategic
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
● 5+ years of accounting experience, ideally a mix of relevant industry and
Big 4 or large regional firm experience.
● CPA strongly preferred.
● Exposure to or participation in a best-in-class accounting function.
● Experience with ASC 606, inventory, and NetSuite preferred.
● Experience supporting, improving, and implementing significant business
and accounting systems and processes.
● Familiarity with FASB GAAP codification, SOX control frameworks, and
general public company modus operandi.
● Self-motivated, detail-oriented, hands-on go-getter with the ability to build
and overhaul processes, take initiative, work independently and proactively,
multi-task, and remain flexible with changing priorities.
● An intellectually curious team player with a no-compromises approach to
work quality, attention to detail, organization, and accountability.
EXPECTED COMPENSATION RANGE:
The anticipated salary of this position is $125,000-$150,000. The actual salary will depend on a variety of factors including the candidate’s qualifications, years of relevant experience, level of education, and other job-related factors.