Human Resources Director
Adore Me is a cutting edge, technology-driven, inclusive lingerie brand with 500+ employees across four countries. We are collaborative, industrious, self-motivated, flexible, empathetic and passionate.
Following our recent acquisition by Victoria’s Secret & Co. (NYSE: VSCO), Adore Me is recruiting for a director-level HR role. This person will join our Global People Team, report to the Chief Legal & Administrative Officer, and work alongside a diverse and robust team in our New York office (this is a hybrid role; Monday/Tuesday/Thursday in office).
To be clear, this is not a “hand-holding” people role - those looking for the softer side of HR need not apply - this job will require a level of experience and sophistication, working with agility in a global matrix-type organization, to implement structure and process and uplevel our support of the business.
The ideal candidate should possess a high work ethic, excellent communication skills, knowledge of labor regulations and HR practices, strategic thinking abilities, strong organizational skills, and a can-do attitude.
Specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Develop and implement HR policies.
- Support strategic objectives.
- Support on the employee lifecycle, from recruitment (collaborating with team leaders, identifying staffing needs, creating job descriptions, NY recruitment process and onboarding), to negotiating employment agreements, to implementing PiPs and offboarding (including the ability and maturity to have difficult conversations).
- Identify, evaluate and solve hiring challenges, including recruiting top talent to executive positions.
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations; US sole responsibility, France, Romania, and Mexico in concert with Legal and local functions.
- Maintain HR records and immediately lead upleveling and organization of People-related data.
- Assemble information about and develop frameworks for compensation and benefits packages based on market data.
- Manage employee benefits and HRIS system integrations.
- Design and direct training programs in concert with the People Team strategy.
- Implement reporting tools and processes, budgets, and team roadmaps.
This is a role for someone who has experience working in a dynamic environment and excels at building bridges across an organization. We’re looking for someone who leans in, rolls up their sleeves, and proactively helps the global People Team navigate complexities, change and escalations. We require the following:
- Minimum 8 years of Human Resources experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- Proven and progressive experience gained in HR or other equivalent roles with transferable skills.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems as well as Google Suite: Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendar, etc.
- Strong knowledge of domestic employment/labor laws (California experience a plus).
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Aptitude in problem-solving and ability to thrive in ambiguity and bring structure/order to a fast-moving organization.
- Start-up, scrappy mindset.
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally, build strong relationships and become a trusted partner to relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to speak French and/or Spanish a plus.
- Empowerment: You’ll work as part of a global team in a multi-dimensional work environment, learning and enhancing your expertise in a fast-paced and supportive environment.
- Innovation: You embrace challenges and want to drive ambitious change.
- Integrity: You are results-orientated, reliable, and straightforward and value being treated accordingly.
Adore Me is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.